Chapter-38

" Why are you dragging me to Annie's apartment?" I question as Abby leads the way through the fourth level corridor.

"I don't know, but she said it was important." She informs me as we make it to a door. One swift knock from Abby and its being opened by a smiling Annie. She ushers us in.

"Brooke..." Annie smiles and I can see she finds it slightly awkward as she was avoiding me for a while. But then last minute she gives me a great big hug." I'm so sorry, I didn't know how to feel after all that... and someone didn't find it right to talk to you."

I turn to see Abby pretending not to be there, looking at noting in particular. I shake my head with a small laugh." Its fine Annie, I deserved it."

"Don't say such things Brooke." Annie protests." You were stuck in a pretty tough situation."

I just nod with a tight smile before looking around. Her apartment reminds me of Grant's, not as big but the layout. Although, she does have more homely traits in here, such as photo frames and fridge magnets.

"So why am I here Annie?" I ask and she smiles, guiding me to the TV and plunking me down on a sofa, she sits next to me.

"Well Abby informed me about your false labor panic a few nights ago, so I have a video that might help you." Annie says, reaching for the TV remote.

"A video?" I question, reaching to the coffee table to see a DVD case. When picking it up and inspecting the title I immediately don't want to be here." The Miracle of Birth."

" You know what, I'm going to leave you two to it." Abby says as she starts to get up from the armchair she was on.

"No you don't Abby." Annie says, giving her sister a warning glance that has Abby, of all people crawling back to her seat." This might help you one day."

I furrow my eyebrows and look over to Abby. She gives me wide eyes and I realize that Annie doesn't know that her sister is into girls compared to guys. Especially the girl I caught her with the other night, none of the then Raina, Grant's sister.

I give her a smile of understanding, before turning back to Annie." So is this what I think it is?"

"Yep, it goes from the start of labor all through to the birth, it will help for when your ready to pop in a couple months." Annie smiles.

"It can't be that bad." I say, before it starts to play.

.--.---.-.--..-.-.-.--..--.-.-.--..-.-

" Oh My God! Why did they choose this camera angle!" I screech as I forgot to close my eyes at the video playing before me. All I can say is seeing the 'birthing' end of things between the woman's legs isn't making me feel any better. And it is no comfort to hear the women's screams.

" Annie, you know I hate horror movies." Abby complains as I see her with her hands over her face, she keeps scissoring her fingers to see if it's over or not.

"Would you two calm down, this is perfectly natural." Annie says, somehow she has not taken her eyes away from the screen.

"How is that natural?" I cringe as the lady on the screen is screaming again and I am forced to watch as she pushes the baby out." What is that?!!"

"It's the baby's head, if you would listen to the voice over you would know!" Annie sounds slightly annoyed, like she is a librarian trying to silence the library.

" Sorry, but its hard as the woman is screaming her head off." Abby whines, now blocking her ears as well as her eyes.

Annie grumbles but that is forgotten as I watch the doctor catch the baby as it finally pops out. The video plays some cheesy sappy music as the baby is being cleaned before handed to the mother.