Chapter-3

Is it raining? The first thing that pops into my head as my eyes flicker open this morning. Yet I only find an unfamiliar bedroom surrounding me and my heartbeat picks up as the events of last night come into play.

Grant...talking with Grant...distracting Grant... a little fooling around in the taxi with Grant...using Grant... In bed doing things with Grant... Brooke Rhodes is a terrible person!

I try not cry out loud as the realization hits me. I have to get out of here. Now. I listen again and realize that the sound of rain is actually coming from the bathroom. Grant must be having a shower, time to go.

About to bolt out of the double bed, I realize I am naked underneath and curse myself again as I look around the lavish room to see where my clothes are. I spot my dress on an expensive looking chair in the corner near the bathroom door. My bra is hanging on the outside door handle to the room.

A can't suppress the smile as the memory of Grant last night or should I say morning explaining how he was staying with a friend and that my bra would warn him to go away.

Don't smile Brooke. The thought of now having to go back to S.E.R.O feels like I need to wash the shame off my body with so many showers from what I did. I mean, I didn't go with Grant because I had to, I wanted to and he is a great guy and I am a terrible person so nothing would work out between us anyways.

I shake my head finally spotting my underwear on the floor beside my bed and leap into action, putting on the clothes from the night before. I look back at the bed after grabbing my phone and clutch, this must be a really expensive hotel. I contemplate whether to leave a note or not before I hear the sound of the tap being turned off. Time to go.

I power walk out the room, getting a little lost at first in this expensive jungle of the kitchen and lounge room before seeing the front door and my high heels carelessly thrown beside it. I pray that Grant's friend isn't awake yet and bolt to the door when I hear another door open and I'm guessing its Grant out of the bathroom. I grab my shoes unlock the door and I am out.

I don't care if people watch me walk out of the massive hotel lobby doing the 'walk of shame'. I think at this moment I deserve it. I find my way back to my hotel get cleaned up and I'm ready to head back to S.E.R.O and see my brother, that's what they owe me.

-.-.--.-.-...--.-..-.-.-..-

I was escorted into the same room as before when entering the underground premises. And no surprise when Mr. McCoy was there to see me. He wears an airy smile when seeing me as well as a tailored suit as usual.

"Brooke I was wondering when you would come, I thought you would have been here earlier?" He says, his eyebrows rising in question.

"It was a late night, I needed my beauty sleep." I lie flatly, hoping that he didn't see through it or that someone wasn't spying on me last night to see if I was doing my job. I scold myself for not being as vigilant as I should have been.

Mr. McCoy just smiles and nods as if it doesn't matter and stays quiet.

"Where's my brother? I did what you asked me to do." I state strongly and Mr. McCoy nods and gives me a little smirk.

"I know you did your task last night. And quite well, from what my spies have said." I can't get rid of the embarrassing blush on my cheeks as he softly laughs before it fades into a more serious note." Caleb Lynch did indeed steal the money, but he had already transferred it to another account, which he is unwilling to tell us. Which means your brother is not out of the clear yet."