Chapter-30

I woke up tangled in sheets, as well as tangled up in the arms and legs of a sleeping Grant. A little confused at first as to why my flannelette pajamas were on the floor and how I was now wearing a baggy shirt and underwear, it only took me a moment to remember why.

I wear a cheesy grin as I turn my head back to see Grant's head resting between my neck and shoulder. I feel his bare chest rest against my back; his arms collided around my waist. One hand rests upon my swollen stomach, I slide my hand to rest on top of his.

I feel his body shift behind me and hear a little groan. Grants awake. I am aware of him taking in his surroundings, but seconds later he cuddles up closer to me and holds me tighter as if ready to fall a sleep again.

"You really aren't a morning person are you?' I tease and I feel the shake of his head. I laugh as I finally mange to turn over onto my back, with many complaints from Grant, as he had apparently got into a 'comfortable position'.

He remains laying on his side, as I sit up against the headboard. He rests his head on his elbow as he looks up to me. Our eyes lock as I smile at him, the night before replying in my mind.

But it stops when I feel a little kick from inside my stomach, someone wants some attention. I stroke my belly feeling the popping popcorn sensation which is my little munchkin probably waking up to. I guess he or she isn't a morning person either.

" Someone else awake." Grant observes by my actions, I smile his way. He reaches his hand out to join mine on my stomach. I direct it to where the little person is kicking, and when it happens I watch as Grant's eyes light up.

" Did you feel him?" I put emphasis on the 'him' intending to trick Grant to revealing the gender, but I knew he was too clever for that.

He seems like he is about to answer, but instead he closes his mouth and gives me a knowing look." I know what you up to... if you want to know so bad you can go down and ask Dr. Norton yourself."

"I don't want to do that though." I say and he furrows his eyebrows.

"Then why ask me the gender?"

I pull on a mischievous smile." I don't really want to know, but trying to get it out of you is a much more fun game to play."

Grant just chuckles." Why do you like to tease me so much?"

"Because your so easy to tease." I state with a giggle, and Grant pouts at me before scotching closer to me, his hand not leaving my stomach. He places his lips close to my belly before whispering.

"You Mother isn't very nice to me."

"Hey, that's not fair." I gently try and move his mouth away from my stomach.

"I'm only telling the truth." Grant says innocently, and I scoff at him." What? You have plenty of chances to talk to the baby."

I scowl at him." Well I do, but I am afraid I am not close enough for her-" I watch Grants reaction to see what he does when I say 'her' but all I get is a flat look, so I continue." -to be able to hear, I don't bend that way."

Grant slides up the head board to whisper in my ear." Oh, I remember you bending all sorts of ways last night."

I gasp and a blush blares on my cheeks as Grant chuckles at my reaction. He slithers back down close to my stomach. We sit there in silence for a few minutes.

"Its weird." Grant says and I tilt my head in question.

"Whats weird?" I ask as he continues to caress my stomach, not daring to pull away.