Chapter-11

By the time I finished explaining everything, S.E.R.O, the car flip and even about my secret past of unintentionally hunting down the supernatural I think the adrenaline of today had worn out. I was wiped.

At least Grant had the decency to let me explain everything in the main lounge room on the first floor, then make me walk up all those awful stairs to his office.

He stays quiet through the whole thing, listening and processing. I paused sometimes for a reaction but he never interrupted which I found a good thing but he might also be a ticking time bomb and blow up after everything I have to explain is said.

And when I am done, I wait.

"Are you okay?" Is the first question he asks and I am a little caught of guard.

"Um... yeah... exhausted but fine." I admit, He nods his head and gets up from the lounge across from me.

"Abby will have to take responsibility for this, firstly taking away her position as fourth in command-" Grant says and I cut in.

"No." Grant seems supersized by my interruption but I continue." Yes, we should have told you but Abby isn't to blame for S.E.R.O finding us, it's my fault."

Grant seems confused but then softens his face." Brooke it's not your fault-"

"No it is, its just because well-look." I bend forward, moving my messy hair away from the back of my neck. I feel around with my fingers at the nape of my neck when I find the little bump." Can you see it?"

There's a few seconds of silence and I feel the soft touch of Grant's fingers on my neck and a shiver goes down my spine. He feels the lump." A tracker, did you disarm it?" He sounds worried.

I flip my hair back as I sit up again." No, but they have had a while to come here, I think by being so far away in the forest they lose the signal, but I was hoping you could get it out?"

Grant seems more relaxed by my answer and nods his head." Come, I'll get Dr. Norton to get it out." He offers his hand to me, which I take as he pulls me up and leads me to the medical clinic.

.--..-.-..--..-.-.--.--.

Dr. Norton did mange to get out the tracking device with a scalpel and some tweezers. Once out it took 2 seconds before Grant destroyed it, dropping it on the floor and stepping on it. It wasn't planted too far into my skin so I didn't need stiches, just a bandage.

Abby seems to be doing all right, she needed stiches for her wound to heal properly. I was also there when Grant decided to give her what seemed like a routine lecture.

But now I lay in bed, replying today over in my head. I feel exhausted but my mind is overactive from the events that occurred.

I sigh slapping my hand on my forehead in frustration, as if the hit would knock my brain out. I decide a different approach and get out of bed, walking out my room down to the kitchen.

Once near the entrance to the kitchen I find a table covered with my shopping bags. Someone must have brought them in, which I am grateful for. I scrimmage through them and find the bag from the book shop and pull out the book. Its never to late to learn.

I find the pantry in the kitchen, looking for something to snack on and smile ear to ear when I discover the jar of peanut butter. Once retrieving a spoon I sit at the main counter top where they keep steel stools to sit on and read my book whilst enjoying my snack.

I start to read the first chapter, which is on conception... I skip that chapter. The second chapter takes me through the few things I have been experiencing such as fatigue or morning sickness.