Chapter-22

We break apart, our breaths labored as Grant's hands are wrapped around my waist. Still unsure if this is reality or not it takes me a moment to realize I have just kissed Grant... or did he kiss me?

Either way we go back to not knowing what to do or say and what brings us out is the sound of Grants phone ringing. He pulls away and takes the call, it being very short it's a few answers of 'yes' and at the end is 'on my way'.

He hangs up, returning his attention to me. Still dripping wet from my clumsy fall into the lake.

'I'll have to go back to the pack house." He says.

"Right." Is all I mange to get out before he seems like he wants to say more but turns around and starts walking away.

Disappointment sets in as I watch his retreating figure before he stops once again. He spins around, striding towards me and I don't have a second to realize what is happening before we are kissing again. His lips moving on mine becomes my whole world in that moment, his hands cupping my cheeks. I nearly lose my balance again but Grant wraps an arm around my waist saving me from another tumble to the lake.

Pulling away again a smile is on his lips, his forehead resting on mine as he pulls my damp hair behind my ears. I bite my lip as he watches me, feeling all bashful. I never was like this with any guy before, yet Grant as made me a nervous wreck.

" You like this... it isn't to soon or anything?" he seems just as unsure as me on what to say from the spontaneous kiss but I find myself letting loose a little laugh.

" I'm pregnant Grant, I don't think it's too soon. We seem to have done things in the opposite manor anyway." I tease and Grant chuckles at my comment before nodding his head towards where the party is at.

"Come on, well get you dried off." He says, probably noticing me start to shiver in the cooler climate then this morning. As we walk back Grant places a hand on the small of my back, leading me to the party.

-.---..--..--.--.-----

Once back to the party I received a few odd looks, probably looking like a drowned rat. Annie was very motherly in finding me a picnic blanket to wrap me up in to keep warm, while Abby laughs at my clumsiness. They might be sisters but there sure have different personalities.

I had also watched Lily open the present I had gotten her. I had purchased it over a month ago when we went to the mall and had a run in with two werewolves. It was a little child's boutique shop and it had a cute fairy wand. It was wooden with a star carved on the end, and it was entangled with vines, leaves and flowers that hung off in an enchanted way. I remember Lily telling me her favorite fairy was the nature fairy, so I thought it would be perfect.

But I didn't mind Abby's teasing me as I wore a great big smile on my face for the rest of the day. What happened to me and Grant, the kiss brings back feelings I hadn't ever really felt before with any other man.

There is something different about him, and I felt like I was safe with him even thought we really barley know each other.

Right now I am taking a shower, still wearing a smile on my face as I wash my hair, making sure the lake water- all though mainly clean- is out of my hair.

Feeling like some more dessert, from my cravings I have been having I walk down to the kitchen. When arriving, I noticed the quietness of the pack house. Normally around 9'oclcok people are still up an about or in the TV room, but its empty.

Walking into the dinning area I find Annie with Martha. However Annie looks like she is crying, as Martha is trying to calm her down. I notice something is wrong in an instance.