Chapter-36

I was mopping in my bed for a few long hours of the morning into the afternoon. I was exhausted but the main reason I wasn't going downstairs was because I was afraid to. But when I did finally face my fears in was a little past mid day and I headed down stairs.

It was quiet as the dinning room was being packed away after lunch. As I headed for the kitchen I saw Abby, giving her a smile but she doesn't return it.

"Hey." I greet her as we come to stand face to face.

"I heard through the grape vine of what you told Grant yesterday." She says flatly and my stomach drops.

"Abby-" I honestly didn't know what I was going to say before she cut me off.

"Please Brooke." Abby says with the roll of her eyes, normally a playful gesture turns to be harsh." Save your words for someone who cares."

A little shocked at her change of attitude I helplessly gape at her. For a second I see regret in her eyes but they turn hard again.

"My sister risked her neck for you, and it turns out I saved the culprit not the victim." And with her new opinion of me she brushes past me, bumping my shoulder on her way out of the dinning area.

I bite back my emotions as I walk into the kitchen, luckily everyone else is to busy preparing for a dinner to notice me sneak out some leftovers.

Heading out side I embrace the cold as it washes away the flush on my cheeks from the confrontation with Abby. Did I expect her to understand my situation, or did I even suspect Grant to actually tell people about my lies.

And just thinking about Grant bubbles the emotions I wanted to keep locked away but the tears reappear none the less. And as I try to frantically wipe them away, I notice some one approaching.

Trying to not attract attention I eat but the figure comes to sit opposite me on the picnic table. I peer up to see Dom, Martha's son. His blue eyes shine with a smile and I fail in returning one.

I wait for him to lash out at me, even though he can't talk I expect a glare or a hateful gesture but his expression doesn't change. Instead he pulls out a note book and a pen from his pocket. He flips it open, writing something down before turning it for me to read.

-How are you doing?

I look up to him, utterly confused by the question as he pulls the notebook back." Fine... it was just a long day yesterday." I admit and when he gives a pitiful smile I realize he knows what happened yesterday.

He writes something down on his notebook again before showing me.

- The others are probably upset with you because they don't understand, but I know how you feel.

"Pregnant, hormonal and a liar." I ask, even thought the words come out harsher then intended. But Dom just shakes his head with an amused smile.

He writes again

- I won't ever know what it's like to be pregnant but I have been a liar, and it cost the people that I loved a lot, it cost me my tongue.

I look up to him, surprised he would mention it." Your originally from Italy, you and Martha?"

He nods, sadness clouding in his eyes. He writes out his story and I wait a while until he turns the notebook to me again.

- I was born and raised in a village Dolceacqua near the border to France. My mother owned a bakery and the pack I was from had a rivalry pack. For decades and probably to this day they fight over the territory or the village and the cliffy mountains surrounding it. And being young and stupid, wanting more then I thought I had I joined the rivalry pack.

" I guess that was a mistake." I whisper and he nods, writing again.

- A year later, after I traveled around Italy I come back to my home to find the pack I had joined had gone further before in fighting my original pack. I found out they killed my father as he was trying to protect my mother's bakery from falling into their grasps. So I confronted the Alpha, he couldn't have cared less until I opened my mouth to tell my old pack there weaknesses in defense.

I know where the story is heading but he still writes it out for me.

- He cut out my tongue not only so I didn't say anything, but as a warning. So my mother and I fled Dolceacqua to America, leaving the town our family had lived for generations all because of my lies and mistakes. Eventually we stumbled here and my mother, knowing her was thrilled to have a job cooking again, only if to distract her.

I reminisce on his story. All that he went though and here he is, still standing tall. I sit in silence for a while and I don't notice him sliding his note pad back to me on a new page.

- Do you know what happened afterwards though?

I shake my head and he rights down the answer.

-Even after all my lies and mistakes, my mother still forgave me... just like they will forgive you.

.--..--..--.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-..-.-.--.

Sorry it might be bit of a small chapter, but I thought it was cute and I like Dom's character.

When I was looking for places in Italy I stumbled upon Dolceacqua ( picture above), I haven't been myself but it looks amazing!

As well guys over 50 thousand reads, I can't thank you guys enough.

So please keep Voting and Commenting!

Next update in 2 days as usual.

Love U

(Sorry if badly edited)