Chapter-5

I was beginning to lose hope, as the hours ticked by after dinner. Dr. Ridley's note said that someone was coming for me but there has been no one so far.

Lying on my bed, I try not to look too conspicuous and watch the door, spotting the cameras in the corner of my rooms where they can see me.

But just as I realize nothing and no one is coming for me my eyes flicker shut. This was also the moment I hear the screeching of my door being opened. I slowly situate myself in a sitting position as the light leaks into my darkened room.

I watch a dark figure peek through the door." Whose ever ass I am saving you better hurry the hell up." The harsh whisper makes me jump, I get up from my bed.

This person is wearing a balaclava and I can see their eyes do a sweep over me before nodding." This way, we only have a 5 minute window before the change of guard."

Putting all my trust in this stranger, who I am assuming is a woman from her voice, I nod, not sure if she sees it. She must have because she steps out of the doorway for me to follow. The light blinds me as I finally leave my room of my own free will. As my eyes come to adjust the I notice the woman is wearing all tight black clothing as I watch her take a long step.

I look down to see why. A guard lays immobile on the ground. I look back up at her wondering if she is going to knock me out to, but she just gestures with her hand to follow, putting a finger to her lips through the balaclava. I am prying Dr. Ridley was right about this.

The hallways are pale concrete and nothing to differentiate that you are in a different corridor or section of the building. I think even if I wasn't blindfolded and managed to make an escape I would be just as lost.

We keep walking until the woman stops me before we turn a corner. She pushes me against a wall as she tilts her head the slightest to look around. She curses under her breathe, before tuning her attention to me.

Her blue eyes look straight into mine." Where going to have take the west exit route, which is, plan B, it's a little further-" Her sentence is cut off by the sound of a blazing alarm and she lets lose another curse word.

"I guess we stick with plan A... idiots must have triggered it..." She mutters under her breathe. With one big inhale she turns gracefully out the corner. I begin to follow when I stop. I let lose a curse word of my own when 4 guards stand in formation against the walls of the corridor. This woman doesn't seem fazed as they point their guns at her; I hear a growl before all hell breaks lose.

She grabs the first guy's gun on the left, pushing it back to hit his face, and then she is a graceful attacker of kicks and punches. Her speed making her moves that more lethal. The first three guys are down as I run to approach her.

She is fighting with last one , getting him in a head lock to make him pass out when I notice the other guy still conscious painfully lifting his rifle to her head.

I don't think as I look at the ground to see a riffle from an already beaten guard. I pick it up and aim. Being out of action for so long I find myself relived my aim was just as good as I hit him square in the shoulder and he screams, the rifle tumbling out of his hands.

Mystery woman lets the guy in her arms topple to the ground in a heap before looking at me, behind at the shot guard and then me again. I swear if I could see her mouth she was grinning.

The sounds of combat boots running this way alerts us and mystery woman wastes no time popping open a vent on the side of the wall. " You first, bring that." She points to the gun and before I have time to question where this vent leads to I am dragged, and pushed in.