Chapter-23

I am stunned into silence as Raina prowls forward, her strong legs walking towards me. She continues to growl, recognizing who I am. I suppose Raina is also the rogue that more then half the pack went to look for tonight

Completely helpless with out any weapon, and afraid for not only my life but also now the baby in my belly, I stay still. Raina however seems to stop a meter away from me, her head tilting to the side as her eyes lower to my stomach. I suck in a breath as she realizes my baby bump.

I can hear her sniffing the air as she moves closer, my heart beat increasing to a high speed. I don't have time to do anything as she leaps up in front of me. One paw resting on the tree trunk behind me, the other paw half on the trunk and on my shoulder. I wince as I feel her claws start to sink into my skin.

I try and keep calm as she snarls at me again, her large head inches away from mine. Her yellows eyes telling me to be afraid, before they close and she is sniffing me again.

I close my eyes to, thinking that she is about to do some serious damage and it's not worth putting up a fight. When I open my eyes again though, I see a flash of white as Raina is ripped away from me, however her claws leave a nasty scratch across my shoulder as she is torn away.

I cry out slapping a hand on my shoulder as I already feel the slight wetness of my blood. I look to my left to see a white wolf snapping its jaws at Raina, growling at her with those blue eyes.

Abby, a White Fur. Another breed of wolf I have seen for the first time tonight. I watch, as Raina gets up obviously not happy with the sudden attack.

"Aunty Abby..." a little voice says and my head whips to the right to find Lily with a small blanket in her arms as well as the wand she had come out here searching for.

I waste no time, knowing Abby would want me to take Lily away I walk over to her. Picking her up and resting her my hip. This causes my opposite torn shoulder to protest. I try not to wince as I carry her.

"What about Auntie Abby?" Lily's voice sounds frightened and upset, but I try and reassure her.

"She is going to be fine, I am pretty sure she can take care of her self."

I make it to the car and open the passenger side door, and place Lily into the seat. Securing her seat belt around her tiny body. I can see Lily's face concerned as she takes a look at my shoulder but I smile, hoping she knows everything is all right.

I quickly walk around the car, getting into the drivers seat. Turning it on and heading back to the pack house. I make sure not to speed, seeing how there is no child seat and Lily shouldn't be sitting in the front.

I pull up the front of the pack house to see Annie sitting on the front porch steps. Her head shoots up to the car as I put it into park, turning it off before getting out. I walk to the other side and get Lily out resting her on my hip again and walk to her mother.

"Lily!" She shrieks, racing up to us and I don't have to say anything as I give Lily to her mother. Annie holds her tight, cradling her head.

"Mommy, why are you crying?" Lily asks confused as ever.

"Because I thought something happened to you." Annie says turning to me, her face now going into alarm." Brooke, what happened?"

Referring to my shoulder I place a hand over the wound again." Long story, I think I am going to go see Dr. Norton."

.--..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Dr. Norton didn't seem surprised to see me, although concerned etched his face when seeing my bloodied shoulder. As I managed to take off my shirt Dr. Norton did a quick check on Lily, just to make sure she was okay from her adventure in the woods.