Chapter-44

Hope seems to be a stupid thing. Jordon was right, one whole month ago when he said not to get my hopes up. No one has come for me, Grant's plan was probably never going to work.

I have been terrified this past four weeks. Every little ache or pain I think is a contraction. And its gotten to the point were every time I go to the toilet I make sure my waters haven't broken.

No matter how uncomfortable I am with my big belly I have done everything possible to keep this baby in. As if the time would help for the inevitable.

But today it did come.

I couldn't eat breakfast this morning, I knew what day it was and I knew if I had some food it would just come back up again. My brain was buzzing, with ideas of escape, of stealing a gun and shooting my way out of here. All things that would be too dangerous and impossible for my pregnant state.

Part of me thought I would be excited for this day, of seeing my daughter for the first time. But it was replaced by the fear that they were going to take her, and I would never see her face.

What seemed like midday I was sitting on the edge of my bed, Jordon next to me holding my hand as I bounced my leg up in down.

The door creaked before opening.

And there stood two security guards, and four people dressed in green hospital scrubs with a gurney. Panic ceased my heart and my hand held on tighter to Jordon's as they slowly entered the room.

And to my shock Jordon growled in warning which had them flinching back. Before I realized anything he sprung forward, knocking back one of the security guards, taking him by surprise.

But he didn't stand a chance as they had cleverly weakened him all these month with not much food and no sun light. The other security guard was holding a gun to him.

"Jordon!" I scream and he looked in time to see the gun, but instead the security guard uses the other end of it to knock him in the head.

The people in the scrubs start coming into the room and all I can do is back away.

"Brooke!-" Jordon yells causing me to look at him as he is being held back by the security guard as the other is punching him in the stomach to be quiet.

"Jordon- Stop! Let me go!" I scream as the people in scrubs seize me, roughly grabbing onto my arms and leading me out of the room.

He keeps yelling my name as I try and frantically fight off the four people gripping me, trying to get me to lie down on the gurney. I'm going into hysterics as the force my back down onto the hard surface. Some grab my legs, and I haven't got the strength to kick them away.

" Please just stop!" I scream at them as I feel something being wrapped around my wrists. I look down through tears soaked lashes to my wrists being cuffed in leather, and I feel the same down to my ankles. Even though I know it's hopeless I pull against the restraints.

"Please, please don't do this..." I sob at them, as they start to wheel me away. All I see is the lights hanging from the ceiling and the person with a surgeon mask looking ahead.

I cry for the 5-minute journey I am taken on through the premises. My eyesight is bubbled with tears, as we seem to be slowing down, I move my head to see we are going through a doorway.

Finally I stop moving and look around to the bustling surgeons in the room, preparing needles and unfolding sheets. I struggle against the leather cuffs again as I see some one approaching me in the midst's of the people and equipment in here.