Chapter-48

My body feels like it's moving through thick black oil, sinking further into a place that never ends. My limbs feel heavy and I have forgotten why I'm here, why I have come.

But slowly but surly my descent into darkness slows down, around me becomes lighter, the oil becomes as thin as water and no more weight pulls me down. I feel so light I drift to the surface, slowly until I reach the sky.

My eyes flicker open to the brightness of a room; the lovely dream of being weightless disappears, as my body feels heavy and tired. Fragments of my memory appear and I realize that I shouldn't be in what appears to be a hospital room.

In my slight panic I look down to see I am attached to a machine and have wires and tubs stuck to my arms.

The wooden door in front of me opens and I recognize Ally's blond hair. Turning around she blinks twice at me before a smile coats her lips.

"Your awake, how are you feeling?" she asks walking to my bed side and checking on what seems to be a drip and heart monitor, and a few other things I don't know that beep.

"Groggy." Finding it the best way to describe myself, but then it hits me harder then a truck." Where's Ella?"

"She doing fine." Ally reassures me, and I relax again." She in the waiting room being treated like a little princesses... you don't feel any pain anywhere?"

I shake my head." No, not anywhere specific, why am I here?"

"You had a postpartum hemorrhage and lost a lot of blood Brooke. You're currently in the Uton pack medical center. And I'm glad to say that your vitals are looking good. "

Still a little disoriented I mange a nod of my head in response, taking in everything she is explaining to me.

"I'm just going to tell everyone your awake." She smiles and leaves the room, I sit there for a minute wondering about all the things that have occurred. My mother had a hemorrhage but she had died. I had the same thing but I was sitting here alive, I couldn't get my head around it.

The door opens again to see a very tired looking Grant walk in. His smile seems to be of joy and relief as he walks to my bedside, sitting on the edge and taking my hand in his.

I don't get to say a word as he leans in, capturing my lips in a kiss. With little strength I kiss him back and have to pull away first from the lack of breathe from my surprise.

"Sorry, I thought I lost you...." He mummers and I can tell from his face his next question, so I look away and pretend to be studying our linked hands on the bed. "Why didn't you tell me?"

I sigh, squeezing onto his fingers tighter." I was scared of having the same fait..." for a while I had contemplated on telling Grant about my mother's cause of death but I was so afraid I pushed it to the back of my mind.

"Dr. Norton researched on you mothers death, he's going to come explain it to you." Grant says and I look with a confused face but decide against arguing and wait for Dr. Norton.

I studied Grant's face." When was the last time you slept?"

"36 hours ago." He says and my jar drops, he manages to chuckle at my reaction." I had to make sure you were alright and I wanted to be there for Ella."

As excuses go I let them pass, but I hate for him to be so tired because of worrying for me." Can I see her?"

"I'll ask Raina and Abby to bring her in." Grant says getting up from the bed and giving me another kiss.

"Grant, don't come back until you have rested." I call after him and he rolls his eyes.

"Brooke-" He sighs but I cut him off.