Chapter-33

This morning in Grant's bed I woke up alone. He had already left for the day. It wasn't unusual for Grant, he is an Alpha and he does have duties.

However Shawn appeared during midday to deliver up the crib, changing table, cupboards and armchair we purchased as well as other things. Shawn also gave the message from Grant if I was to try and assemble anything by my self, he would make Abby babysit me all day.

I decided to go find Geoff, but when going to my room to find him he wasn't there. A little worried I went to look for him, but considered he wouldn't have gone far.

Half an hour later, with sore feet and ankles I decided to give up looking for him and look for Grant instead. But how ironic it was to find both the men I was looking for in the same room. Grant's office.

However they weren't alone as I carefully walked to the door to listen to what there saying. I have a horrible habit of eavesdropping.

"- Look I don't feel comfortable talking to you with out Brooke." I hear Geoff say, sounding skeptical. My first instinct is to barge in but I wait and listen.

I hear Grant sigh." Brooke doesn't need to know about this, I don't want to add any other unnecessary stress to her right now."

"Yes, But- " Geoff states with a sigh." I've know Brooke longer then you have, and if you keep something as big as this from her she isn't going to take it lightly-"

"Just answer the question." I hear Raina say, clearly losing her patience." What else do you know about S.E.R.O?"

There is a long silence before Geoff speaks up." Probably not enough for your plan."

"I knew this was a waste of time." Abby grunts, and I start to move as I hear her walking to the door.

"Hang on, you didn't let me finish." Geoff protests and I hear Abby halt in her steps." I might not know enough, but doesn't mean I can't get more information from other people working there."

" My sister works undercover there, she has trouble as it is getting information at her position." Abby explains, doubt evident in her voice. My mind is buzzing with questions at this point, why do they want so much info on S.E.R.O? What are they trying to do?

" Well, if you remember me explaining in the car about the old organization Brooke and I worked at you'll remember me saying the we had a chose, S.E.R.O or we're on our own." Geoff recaps them." I have friends there, people who are more loyal to me then S.E.R.O, because the only reason they joined them was to get a weekly paycheck."

" Out plan is take down S.E.R.O" Grant says." How can we trust people if by doing this we take away there weekly paycheck?"

I stop for a moment, holding in a gasp. They're planning on taking down S.E.R.O, and Grant thought it best not to tell me. I'm hurt that he would keep it from me, but of course I am being hypercritical when- if he finds out the truth from me he would just be as hurt.

"I'll be carful, I have a couple in my mind that I know I can trust." Geoff says, that playfulness in his voice. "How about you? You're going to need more people or werewolves or whatever to help you with this."

"We've allied our self with some of the packs around New York, there willing to help take down the base in the City."

"And what about the other main base in the middle of no where in Nevada?" Geoff adds, I notice the curiosity in his voice.

"The desert packs there are going to deal with it, well have to organize a synchronized attack so either way they'll have no where to run." Grant says and I to my horror I have leant forward too much near the door way that when I pull back the floor board under me squeaks. So I have a mini freak out and pretend to keep walking along, as if I had just walked up there stairs and I am heading to Grant's apartment. I get to the door about to open it when I hear my name.