Epilogue

18 months later

Today was the big day. A day for a new beginning in the life I have chosen to live with the people that I love, and I know and can say happily, that love me to.

Yet the big day can't really start as Grant still lies fast asleep in our bed. Although I know he stayed up late last night, making sure everything was ready and him defiantly not being a morning person it doesn't excuse the fact I have gotten two people ready and he hasn't even gotten up.

"Grant!" I whisper at him. It doesn't stir his sleeping form so I use a different method. I extend out one finger and flick his cheek while leaning over him.

"Ouch!" He groans, rolling over to face the other way.

"I knew you were awake!" I say and shake his shoulder. "Come on, Grant everyone's probably waiting for us by now."

" Let them wait, they can't begin with out us." It was good to see how enthusiastic he was about this day. He had worked so hard to get it done and all he wants to do is sleep.

I've worked out tempting him with fun nighttime actives to get him up doesn't work as we end up not waiting till dark. The method I chose this morning could be extreme but Grant isn't slowing us down today. I grab the glass of water by his bedside and dump it on his head, bolting out of the room before I could see his reaction.

I walk to the left of the corridor, heading to the bedroom at the end of the hall. I normally wouldn't have left her that long these days but I am relieved to find my daughter not wondering off like she usually does.

Although Ella is not the strongest of walkers yet at 18 months, she still manages to move quick if I blink for to long. But I had already dressed her in her floral bathing suit and slipped over some white shorts and purple top. She was causally playing with some building blocks while leaning on her favorite big black wolf plushy. She is nearly the same size as it now, just showing how much she has grown.

He big green eyes brighten when seeing me and after her little squeal she is carefully pushing herself up on shaky legs to walk to me. When she reaches me I pick her up giving a soft wince at how heavy she now is before resting her on my hip. I brush her black curls off her forehead to see her face before giving it a kiss.

"Mama, Swim!" She giggles excitedly, using her chubby little hands to clap on my shoulders. Ella now loves to swim. At the start of this summer we thought she was old enough to go swimming in the lake, obviously with Grant and me supporting her and now she loves it. Although I think the only reason she loves it is because Grant picks her up and throws her in the air before catching her and tracing her toes through the surface of the water. I think she likes flying more than swimming.

"Yes, honey. We just have to wait for Dada." I say, with my free hand grabbing the baby bag I packed earlier this morning. It was little harder to find things as most items are in boxes around the apartment but I think I have everything.

Walking out back to the corridor we bump into Grant coming out of our room. His hair and shirt partly soaked as he rubs his eyes.

"Dada, Swim?" Ella asks. I look down to see a frown on her face, her eyes going wide as if she is upset. From Grants soaked hair and cloths she's probably thinking he went swimming with out her.

"No Ella, Daddy just had a shower this morning." I explain, a little smirk on my lips as Grant glares at me. Although it doesn't last long as Ella starts to wiggles in my grasp and I let her down on the floor for her to race over to Grant. The smile that appears on Grant's lips is one he can't help showing as he picks up his daughter, teasing her as he shakes his wet hair out like a dog and she squeals.