Chapter-28

" Well I'd like it to be a surprise." I state, as we are waiting by Dr. Norton's office. Grant and I are here for the 20-week ultrasound, and today- if wanted- we could find out the sex of the baby. Boy or girl?

"I think it would be fun to know." Grant persuades and I roll my eyes.

"The only reason you want to know is because you hate surprises." I comment. And I look through the corner of my eye to see Grant sulking, although I don't think he is willing to let this go." I think it would be more fun if it is a surprise."

" Maybe for you, but I think Brooke-" He pauses giving me a sly look." You doing this on purpose."

In mock horror, I gasp." What?"

" You know my hatred of surprises and guessing games, you just doing this to tease me."

I bite my lip as I smile." That's why it would be more fun."

He gives me an annoyed look, but can't hide the amusement on his face by the expression. And before anymore can be said the door to Dr. Norton's office pops open, his head peers around the corner.

" It's the happy couple, come on in." he says leaving his door open. After looking at Grant, we get up and head on in.

"How did you know... um...we are-" I stammer but Dr. Norton cuts in.

"In a pack like this, news spreads quicker then wild fire... especially when its about our Alpha." He whispers, looking at Grant, who is defiantly not entertained by that statement. Subsiding a laugh, Dr. Norton directs me to sit on the padded bed on the back of his office.

He does the routine check of my blood pressure and weight while Grant sits on the seat beside the bed. Having to stand on a pair of scales is the most awful thing knowing my weight is only going to increase.

" Everything looks good so far." He states." How's your shoulder healing?"

I look down and across to my shoulder, giving it a little rub." Fine, it hasn't given me much problems, just a little sore when I reach for something."

"That's fair enough, I will give you some small exercises to do just to get your arm muscles use to the movement again." He says and I nod in thanks." Now lets see how the baby is growing, I'll just get you to lie down."

I do so as Dr. Norton goes to get the ultrasound machine again, his office being small I understand him not wanting it to be in here 24/7. Once lying on the padded bed I look to my left to see Grant watching me.

"You're smiling." I state which makes him chuckle.

"You'll be pleased to know I am capable of such a thing." He smirks and I let out a laugh.

"Sorry, but last time I had to force that usual frown upside down." I remark, remembering my fail attempt at using my fingers to stretch his lips up into a smile." You were carrying so much tension between your thick eyebrows I am surprised your skull didn't crack in half."

"Hang on" Grant intervenes, holding up his hand " Thick eyebrows, I was told they were my best feature." He teases, running his fingers across both.

"Well those who like your two hairy caterpillars are allowed to." I joke, looking to Grant's annoyed face and I chuckle. "I think teasing you is my new favorite thing to do with you."

After a second Grant smiles, reaching out and taking my hand. He kisses the back of it, letting his lips linger which causes a few pleasant shivers to run up my spine." Are you sure its your favorite thing to do with me..."

My eyes gleam at him as he wears his playful smirk. This lighthearted, less stern side of Grant I can get use to. The moment ends though when Dr. Norton comes bustling back into the office, wheeling in the ultrasound machine.

I roll up my shirt to my dome, also known as my belly. 5 months and I already feel massive.

The ultrasound gets under way and seeing the baby, although in my stomach never gets old. The baby's arms and legs seem to grow bigger and things seem more refined and detailed.

And then the dreaded question is asked.

"Would you like to know the gender?"

"No." My answer.

"Yes." Grant's answer.

I let out a built up sigh." Grant please, come on." I say, then putting on what I hoped was a convincing smile." You can conquer your fears."

It was the wrong thing to say from Grants flat expression in return." Brooke, I would really like to know the gender."

My stepmother always said I was as stubborn as 'an ox getting his ass whipped'. And with my mood swings, this ox isn't budging. " I'm the one carrying the baby, and I think it's fair if I don't want to know if in my stomach I am carrying a boy or girl."

"Our baby Brooke, I have just as much right as you to know." Grant argues back and it becomes an intense stare off.

Dr. Norton clearing his throat makes me realize we aren't alone." I can see you two have reached and impasse... How about I tell Grant the gender, and Brooke you don't have to know."

A wise idea." Okay..." I agree, then turning my attention to Grant." But you better not spill. I mean it."

He smiles triumphantly." Believe me I am good at keeping secrets."

.-.--..--..--..--..-.-

Waiting outside Dr. Norton's office for Grant took a little longer then expected, but when he comes out the smile he wears makes me overly curious.

"So..." I ask, and he gives me a look." Do you know?"

He chuckles." Yes." I find myself biting my lip, and by that gesture Grant seems to be able to read my mind." Do you want to know?"

I scrunch up my face in annoyance. I want to stand my ground, but sometimes curiosity gets the better of me. I was never known to be a patient person.

"Maybe..."

"Well..." Grant says, a cheekiness to his words." Since your were so willing not to allow me to know the gender and make me suffer for the next few months, I can only do what you intended for me."

My mouth drops open, a protest ready to come out but it is interrupted by Grant's laugh... it sounded rather evil in my ears.

"Come, let's go get lunch." With that said he loops an arm around my waist. And slight surprises passes through me when his hand slides down to my stomach. Giving it a few soothing rubs, and I knew then, boy or girl, Grant was happy.

.--..-....-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..--.-.-.-.-.-.

Hello guys, I hoped you enjoyed that chapter, so what do you think Boy or Girl? Tell me in the comments.

Really excited to say that this story has nearly got 30 thousand reads!!! You guys are amazing!! And thanks for all your votes, nearly have 2000!!!

So please continue to Vote and Comment!

I will update in two days, promise.

Love U