Chapter-27

Someone is clearing their throat when my eyes flicker open. But I am not in my bedroom, and the body underneath me shifts which startles me and I would have fallen off if the arm around my waist hadn't have tightened.

"You two look comfortable." I lift my head up to see Rainia watching Grant and I in our sleepy state entangled on the sofa. In my slight embarrassment of the situation I start to fumble off of Grant but he is not letting go. If anything, he is holding me tighter.

"What do you want Raina?" He says gruffly, his morning voice sounding sexy to my ears. And the hormones in my body have woken for today as well.

"You had scheduled an important pack meeting about and hour ago, although nothing happened because the Alpha wasn't there." She says back, a bite to her words. I can feel Grants body tense under mine, we had certainly slept in later then expected... on the sofa?

"I'll reschedule for this afternoon." Grant grunts, obviously not that happy.

"Fine." Raina sighs, her attention then turns to me." I'll see you around Brooke." She winks my way and my cheeks turn red.

"Yep..." I say rather awkwardly, she smiles an all-knowing smile before she walks away out of sight. We hear the door close and silence falls in the room.

I turn my head on Grant's chest upwards to look at his face. When doing so a smile is on his lips, his hair is all disheveled." Good Morning."

I find a yawn escaping me. "Good Morning to you."

"You sleep alright?" He asks, running his hand up and down my back. That doesn't help me wake up, but want to fall right back to sleep.

I nod my head." One of the best sleeps I have had in ages." I comment, and the smile that appears on Grant's face means that was the right answer. I decide to start shuffling off the sofa, even if Grant complains.

Once standing I stretch, carful with my injured shoulder. The sofa isn't the best for lumbar support. Peering back down at Grant I can see his lack of interest in moving.

"Come on sleepy head, time to get up." I chuckle.

He groans in protest." Give me a minute."

I sigh before walking over to his kitchen area; I decide to check the fridge first. When opening it all it contains is some orange juice, milk and some moldy lemons. "Remind me Grant, why is it you need a kitchen if you do not use it?"

"Excuse me, but I do use it. On special occasions." He states and I close the fridge door, turning around to Grant getting up from the sofa.

"Right..." I drag out, now opening and closing empty cupboards bare of food." I think you have groan too attached to Martha's cooking to be bothered to cook for your self."

There is a pause before a sigh "Guilty." He says and I laugh." But you must admit nothing does beat her cooking."

I playfully roll my eyes." Sure, Sure. I'm hungry. Hopefully Martha is still making breakfast but it might be more of a brunch by now."

" Probably... I'll meet you down there, I'll just get changed before heading down."

"Me too, I'll see you there."

.---.-.-.-.-.-.-..--..-.--..-.-

After a quick change, and pampering since my hair and face looked haggard, I made it down stairs to the dinning room. I look for Grant and find him sitting this morning with Annie, Shawn, Abby and Lily. And I am not surprised to see Grant glowering at Abby as usual, while Abby is the one keeping him 'annoyed' as he likes to put it.