Chapter 18

((This chapter has very serious content))

"How do all those cars fit in the garage?!" Dustin pointed at Ian's car barely fitting into the corner of the garage. I laughed and so did the rest of my family. Once Ian's car made it in, he came out of the car and hugged Dustin, then the rest of us.

This had to be the  most people I'd known be together all at once.There was Alex, sitting alone in the garden right by the garage. Dustin talking with Ian, my mom and step dad, my stepdads sister who happens to be a lawyer.

Then there's Emilia and Erik, and my crazy awesome uncle Tony that I haven't seen since my brothers funeral, and then there's me. In total 10 people counting me. We began walking back inside because we had just been waiting on Ian. I look at the garden and notice Alex isn't there.

I immediately go into panic mode. "ALEX!" I yell out behind me. I feel a light brush against my leg and feel a sense of relief. I look down and see Alex purring and rubbing himself on me. Every one stared at me with an expecting look. I picked Alex up and carried him with one hand. As if nothing had happened I walked pass everyone into the house. I knew what they where thinking and there was no way in hell I would get mad at Alex.

We all sat in a circle some on the couch some on chairs. My uncle happily decided to be the first one to start a conversation "So are we going to kick some ass or do we have another plan because I'm really In a ass kicking mood" We all grinned at each other.

~

The plan was all perfectly put together there was almost no way it could fail. At the moment I was walking with Dustin down a long dirt road. The same one I passed when I was 14. Slowly as we turned a corner, a view of a huge plain with only a bench near a tree, and a group of tombstones.

I was stricken with a sharp pain. I never wanted to come back for reasons like this. We walked toward the tombstones and passed by the first row, then the second, the third, and then the fourth row with its one tombstone.

         RIP
Jason Martinez
   1979-2008
Loved by many

Dustin leaned down and put down a flower he had found on the way here. The flower was golden almost the exact same color of his fur when he would shift. We stood there for a few minutes just staring at the tombstone and thinking to ourselves.

We decided to go back and sit on the bench in the middle of the plain. I always found this place to be beautiful but because me not knowing nothing but a small detail of the background information, the place would always give me a weird gut feeling. I had come here many times before Jason died. It wasn't too far away from the house so I would go on my bike here and just sit here admiring the flowers and small animals that would come around me curiously.

"...Jason brought me here once...he told me that if he could he'd buy just a piece of the land" Dustin pointed at a spot almost behind the tree. "- and make a park for nekos to meet and to be treated less like pets and more as just any other human...sadly he was never able to accomplish that...all because of your dad." Dustin put his hand over his mouth trying to stop himself from letting me hear his faint whimpers. We knew we came here for a mission. But in all reality we knew we needed our moment before it all went down.

I grabbed his hand and held it. Time for stage 1 I thought to myself. I stood up and pulled dustin with me.

"I'm sorry Dustin...but this place could have never been used" I knocked on the tree lightly and heard a faint echo that I knew was not normal. I always found the tree to be very unusual, their would never be animals on it or insects the leaves would stay the same throughout the years.

I kicked at the tree trying to push it down. If this where a real tree I knew my kicking wouldn't be able to do anything to the tree expect for maybe make some leaves fall, but surprise, surprise I dented it. Dustin began kicking the tree down with me.

With both of us kicking it, it didn't take that much to get it on the floor. Under was a huge medal door. I quickly called out "stage 2!" And from behind the trees surrounding the plain came out a bunch of FBI covered in gear and protection.

I grabbed Dustin and pulled him out of the way of the metal door. Quickly the FBI agents huddled around me and Dustin as they blew up the door.
((Much fancy much elegant))

I heard them yell out some numbers and most of them jumped into the hole. The hole time this happened I remembered the scene from Alice and wonderland when she fell In the hole and all around her everything changed. Was this going to happen to us. We'd enter and see a whole new world?

We heard nothing from anyone who entered the hole but one hand came out the hole signing numbers. Slowly then we were helped down the hole. Both me and Dustin gasped, the first thing we both noticed where the chains on the floor, the large cages which we both already knew what where for, the few blood stained blankets on the floor. The walls where made of metal and the room had a horrific smell of sweat.

Dustin was gagging and looked ready to throw up at any second. But we weren't done yet. At the end of the room was a hallway it turned to the right so you couldn't see a single thing of what it might be hiding. A man came forward who seemed to be the leader sent 8 people to check the rest of the place counting the hall.

No more then a minute later we could hear doors being kicked down and numbers being yelled out.

"4"

"2"

"3"

"3"

"4"

"Clear"

Minutes later a line of teens came out of the hall. They looked horrible, most were bruised, cold, afraid.

Dustin immediately asked to be taken out of the place so he could call the next stage out. And so it went we exited the place and helped the other 'survivors' exit the place as well.

(('Helped the other survivors' as in Alex, if you remember his abuser never would let him leave the room...for reasons now known))

Dustin quickly began talking to every single one of the teens telling them their safe now, asking for their names and asking for ages.

Medical help came quickly after. Sadly this wasn't the last stage...we had to find the leader of Alex's abuser the one who started this all...

As the rest of the nekos where getting their help and talking with Dustin and Alex, who came with the rest of the gang to help out passing out blankets and water.

Tony came up behind me "We're going to keep looking around the area to find if there's any place they could be hiding-" I stopped him mid way "I'm coming with you there's no way I won't" Tony gave me a worried look but didn't try to change my mind.

~

We gathered up all the teens and had them taken to my moms house to get more help. Alex cried to me begging me not to go while I entered a car with Tony and Derek. I apologized and promise to be back before dinner. Then slowly all 5 cars headed out into the woods.
~

ONLY ABOUT 5 CHAPTERS LEFT
:') I never want to end this book...
But sadly all shows must come to a end. BUT luckily for you I have been planning another book...for DUSTIN.

Thank you to all the comments! I cherish them a lot.
:) we'll see you next chapter