1

Ellie stared at the few cardboard boxes that littered her apartment, the apartment that she was now going to be living in alone. She hated the idea of being alone and the thought brought chills to her skin.

Jensen, her roommate, carried a box out from his room and placed it on the ground. She noticed him closing the door behind him, only making the situation more real. Jensen had a habit of never closing his bedroom door and she was going to miss yelling at him for it.

"That's the last of it." He sighed as he wiped his hands on his jeans.

She nodded, trying to hold it together until he leaves. He saw through her exterior, he always did, and walked over to her. He placed his arms around her and pulled her close to him. They had been living together for the last six years and if he wasn't moving in with Danneel, he would probably stay for another six.

"Do you have to go?" She said jokingly.

He pulled away and tilted her chin up until he was looking her in the eyes. "I'm only ten minutes away, well, only seven minutes away if I speed."

She smiled and turned away from him. She understood why he was leaving but wished that he wouldn't anyway. 

"I'm going to miss the crappy coffee you make every morning." Ellie smiled.

"I make excellent coffee!" He retorted.

"Keep telling yourself that."

Jensen laughed which made her start to laugh. His laugh was contagious, at least it was for her.

"Ready J?" Danneel asked as she appeared in the doorway.

Jensen and Ellie quickly pulled themselves together.  Danneel smiled, but Ellie could tell that it wasn't sincere. She felt that Danneel was always reserved around her, making her believe that Danneel didn't like her.

"Yeah, just a few more boxes." Jensen answered.

"Kay, well let's hurry because we are meeting my parents for dinner at six." She said as she grabbed a box.

Jensen grabbed the last box and walked towards Danneel.

"Give us a second." He whispered to her.

Danneel nodded and disappeared as she walk down the hall. Jensen turned towards Ellie who was on the verge of tears.

"Only ten minutes away, you remember that." He reminded her.

"I know J!" She said rolling her eyes.

Ellie was trying to act as if everything was fine, Jensen could tell. He's known her since he moved to California and knew her better than the back of his hand.

"You should be leaving. Don't wanna be late for dinner with Danneel's parents." She said glancing at the clock. It was quarter to five.

"I should be." He said.

Their eyes lingered on each other as Jensen fought the urge to stay one more night at the place he had called home for so long. He looked at her and saw how much pain she was trying to hide.

"J," Ellie said, voice cracking. "Danneel's waiting."

He stepped out into the hallway and sighed. "Goodbye Elle."

He hesitated before walking away, doubt filling his mind about whether he was making the right decision.

Ellie watched as he disappeared from her view to finally let her tears begin to slid down her cheeks. Only ten minutes, he's only ten minutes away, she kept telling herself.

Always By Your Side: Jensen Ackles FanFicजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें