4

Jensen stumbled into his new apartment with Danneel around five in the morning. He had fallen asleep beside Ellie's bed and when he woke up he drove right over. His eyes were still glassy from just waking up and his body was exhausted, making everything he did seem hard.

"Where were you?!" Danneel said with a yawn from the couch.

She was rubbing her eyes as she sat up, wearing the same clothes from yesterday and her makeup still.

"Ugh, just fell asleep at Ellie's." He yawned. "I have to get a shower."

"Wait," Danneel said.

Jensen stood in the bathrooms doorway, leaning against the doorframe as he yawned again.

"You fell asleep?" She asked a little concerned. "Like on the couch?"

"No, more like the floor of her bedroom." He sighed, rubbing his scruff. "Nothing happened Danneel, if that's what your wondering."

Danneel relaxed, her worries fleeing from her. All night long she was afraid of something happening. She tried calling and his phone was off which made her even more sick to her stomach. As the hours lengthened of him being with Ellie, the more queasy she felt.

"I didn't think you did anything with her!" Danneel said trying to sell it.

Jensen glanced up at her, not believing the act she was putting on. He was an actor as well and could tell when she was faking.

Danneel got up and walked over to him, wrapping her arms around him and feeling relieved that he was now home. He smelled like his old apartment, a mixture of vanilla and Ellie's perfume.

"Do you want me to join you in the shower?" Danneel asked.

"Rain check on that one. I'm too tired right now Danneel." Jensen answered as he entered the bathroom. "Besides, I have to be on set in less than an hour."

Danneel smiled at him, pretending not to feel hurt and hoping he wouldn't see through her this time.