17

Ellie sat in the busy cafe, an empty seat sitting across from her. She was meeting up with Gen and it seemed as if she was running a few minutes late. She sighed and checked her watch again before taking another sip of her mocha.

The door flew open again and Ellie's eyes shot up and a smile appeared when she saw Gen.

"Sorry, traffic." Gen apologized as she sat down.

"Traffic in Los Angeles?!" Ellie said sarcastically.

The one thing Ellie wouldn't miss was the traffic but then again New York City  had its own fair share of traffic.

"When's your flight?" Gen asked.

"At two so I have an hour to kill." She sighed.

Gen pouted and reached out, grabbing Ellie's hand.

"I'm gonna miss you and I know we can still call, text and FaceTime but it's not going to be the same." Gen said.

"I know, but I'll fly in for when you have your baby and I'll make sure I come and visit as much as possible." Ellie said forcing a smile.

"Oh, not to change the subject but I have something to show you." Gen interrupted.

She grabbed her purse and began to search through it. Ellie noticed the growing baby bump that was hidden beneath her shirt and couldn't help but smile. Ellie couldn't wait till she had a family of her own, but that looked like it wasn't happening anytime soon. Gen pulled out a picture and handed it over to Ellie. A genuinely happy smile spread across Ellie's face as she stared at the black and white and slightly blurry picture of Gen and Jared's baby.

"I want you to keep it because we are planning on making you the godmother..." Gen smiled.

Ellie's jaw dropped as she quickly got up and hugged Gen. She was truly surprised that she was chosen to be the godmother.

"Are you sure!?" Ellie asked. "I mean someone has to teach the child how to down a shot and give them a fake ID but do you really want it to be me." Ellie said sarcastically.

"Not really the role of a godparent but yes, me and Jared spoke and we decided that we wanted you and Jensen to be the godparents."

Ellie's stomach flipped at the mention of Jensen. She hadn't spoken to him for a few days. He had been calling her nonstop but she let the calls go to voicemail. She didn't know what to say to him about anything right now. She needed time to collect her thoughts.

Gen noticed Ellie's smile slowly fade and recalled their last conversation a few days ago. "Still haven't talked to him yet?"

Ellie shook her head, "Do you think he's talked to Danneel?"

Gen shrugged, "I could ask Jared if you wanted but my guess is that she's dodging his calls as well."

Ellie let out a sigh and took another sip of her coffee. "I just want to get moved into my apartment, get used to my job and familiar with the city before I even think of adding a relationship onto my plate...."

Ellie's voice trailed off as her thoughts ran rampant. She didn't really know what she wanted at the moment but she knew she wanted to be with Jensen, that was certain.

"I understand. You have a lot going on. J should get it, his schedule is tedious." Gen nodded.

"Don't ask Jared. I don't want it getting back to Jensen in any way. I'll call him when I land in New York and I guess explain everything to him." Ellie sighed, taking another sip of her coffee.

Gen reached out and rested her hand on Ellie's.

"Hey," she said softly. "I'm really gonna miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too." Ellie smiled through teary eyes.

Ellie's phone vibrated, a text from Jensen lit up her screen. He was asking her to text him when she landed. Ellie took the last sip of her drink and set down the empty mug.

"I should really get going." Ellie pouted.

Gen got up as Ellie did and hugged her for the last time, at least for a few months before she would see her again. Ellie wiped a tear away from her cheek as she grabbed her purse.

"See you soon?" Ellie said, not exactly sure when the next time would be.

"See you soon." Gen replied.