11

Jared and Gen were already sitting at the table by the time Jensen and Danneel had arrived. Gen smiled and got up when she saw them approach, pulling Danneel into a hug before she sat down.

"How are you guys doing?" Gen asked once everyone was situated. "I don't think I've talked to you guys  since you've moved in together?"

Danneel glanced over to Jensen who gave her a reassuring smile. "It's been good, other than the fact that my grocery list has doubled in size."

Gen rolled her eyes and gestures to Jared, "Mine just about quadrupled!"

Everyone laughed, including Jared. It was a known fact that Jared liked his food. There was a ding from an iPhone and Jensen shifted as he grabbed his phone from his back pocket of his jeans.

"J, we are at dinner." Danneel reminded him slightly annoyed.

Jensen checked his phone anyway. Gen and Jared were talking about something so it wasn't like he was being completely rude. It was a text from Ellie. He quickly scanned the text, his blood went cold.

"I'm sorry. I have to go." Jensen said as he began to get up.

Danneel furrowed her eyebrows as she watched him go to the door and exit.

"Excuse us." Danneel said to Jared and Gen.

She quickly made her way out of the restaurant, well as fast as she could in heels, and grabbed Jensen's forearm. He turned around and shook his arm from her grasp.

"What the hell! Where are you going!" She snapped at him.

"Ellie is having an attack. You know how she gets during them, she can't be alone." Jensen said, raising his voice at her.

"I need you, J!" She yelled.

Tears were pooling in her eyes as she tried to blink them away. Of course today of all days she chose not to wear waterproof mascara.

"You're always running off because Ellie needs you but I need you too and you're never here because you're with her!" Danneel said biting down on her lip.

Jensen sighed, a tear sliding down Danneel's cheek. He didn't like that this is how he had caused Danneel to feel but he didn't know how to fix it either, at least for right now.

"Danneel..." He said, reaching out to wipe away her tears. She moved away, looking at him with pure disgust and anger written on her face which only made him feel worse.

"No, don't touch me." She said, wiping her cheeks. "Right now, choose me or her."

"You can't make me do that." Jensen said quietly.

Danneel pursed her lips and wiped under her eyes again, making sure that she didn't have black smudges.

"I want you moved out by the weekend." She said sternly.

"I didn't even choose!" Jensen yelled. "That's not fair."

"The fact that you didn't choose me right away was enough for me. I don't want to spend my time with someone who doesn't put me first." She said.

"Danneel! Can we talk about this?"

"No, I've had enough being the second person on your mind. Call me when you have your life figured out, J."

Jensen watched as Danneel turned on her heels and walked away. He wanted to chase after her but another ding of his phone reminded him that he shouldn't.