18

Brown boxes filled the small studio apartment that Ellie now called home. But this didn't feel like a home. The apartment was drab and dark and no matter how many things she unpacked, it would still feel unwelcoming. She sighed, her phone vibrating on the floor beside her as she pulled out her belongings from one of the boxes. She glanced down, her phone screen lit up with a notification of five missed calls and three texts from Jensen and one missed call from Jared. She should return his calls but then there would be the awkward talk of Danneel and other things that she wasn't ready to accept herself. She needed her space to figure things out before it was too late.

She slid the empty cardboard box across the room and stared at the contents. It was mostly the stuff from her bathroom; towels, soap, carpets, and beauty supplies that she had no place to put for now.

There was a knock on her door and instant fear run through her body. She didn't know anyone in the city, no one should be here. She contemplated even answering but she decided she should at least check to see who it is.

She pushed herself up from the ground and walked over to the door, creaking it open but leaving the door chain locked. Once she saw who was there a huge smile was plastered on her face. She shut the door quickly, unlocked it and threw it open again, hugging the man in front of her.

"Wow, easy tiger." Jensen laughed as he wrapped his arms around her. "You ignore all my calls but you're excited to see me?"

"Correction I wasn't necessarily ignoring your calls, I was simply afraid to talk to you." Ellie said as she closed the door behind them.

"I know about Danneel and you would have known that if you answered my calls."

"Sorry..." She said biting her lip.

He smiled and pulled her in for another hug, sitting the bag he was holding onto the ground.

"I missed you." He sighed.

"I missed you too." She replied.

"Well I figured you might be hungry so I brought Chinese. The restaurant said that it had the best in the city but I think they may be bluffing. Anyways, I got the usual. He said holding up the bag.

"I don't have a table.... But a card box will work!" She laughed.

"Aren't you supposed to be filming?" She said raising her eyebrows at him as they say on the ground.

"Funny story..." He laughed, "Misha is tried to do his own stunt and let's just say it didn't end well so since Jared and I had already filmed all the scenes that we could do without Misha, we have a few days off. Misha's testicular pain has turned into our gain."

"Well I'm happy you're here." Ellie said, leaning across the box to kiss him, "Now let's eat."