25

Everything was so bright and white when Ellie's eyes fluttered open. She scrunched her eyes shut and went to shield her eyes from the bright lights with her hand when she realized her hand had some sort of tube connected to it. Her mind felt fuzzy and clouded as she tried to remember what was going on.

"Thank god you're awake!" Jensen said, his voice raspy as he spoke.

He was sitting beside her bed, her hand in his as he patiently waited for her to wake up. He leaned over and kissed her forehead, his lips lingering before pulling back.

"What happened?" Ellie asked as she tried to sit up.

"You and Gen were in a car accident-" Jensen noticed Ellie getting visibly upset and squeezed her hand, "Gen is fine. The doctor told Jared that her and the baby are doing perfect. She has a sore neck and a few bruises but they're both okay."

Ellie felt relieved. She could care less about her physical damage from the accident. She just wanted to make sure the baby and Gen are healthy.

"But since I'm not family, I have not been told your injuries. I'll go get the doctor." Jensen said.

A few minutes later, a doctor appeared with Jensen. Jensen moved to stand beside Ellie, grabbing her hand again. The doctor grabbed her medical charts, scanning through them once more before speaking.

"Well Ms. Rickard, you have a concussion, bruises and cuts on your face and a sprained wrist but other than that you are very lucky to not have suffered worse. The concussion will take some time to heal and a nurse will be in soon to discuss the recuperation from that but overall you and the baby are doing well."

"You must have me confused with someone else because I am not pregnant. I just had my period last week!" Ellie stumbled, her words coming out so fast she barely knew what she was saying.

"Some women experience bleeding that they confuse with their period but according to your blood work you are pregnant. I assumed you already knew since you are already nine weeks along."

Ellie felt her heart rate quicken so fast she felt lightheaded and the monitor she was hooked up to began to beep. The doctor hit a button and alerted a nurse who rushed in that there was not a problem.

"I'm sorry to have sprung this news on you. I will return in a few minutes once the information has sunk in."

Ellie's heart was pounding in her chest as tears prickled her eyes. This couldn't be happening. Could she really be pregnant? She had been moody and nauseous lately but the thought of that had never even crossed her mind.

"Elle, what are you thinking?" Jensen said as he looked at her. He looked like a deer in headlights. They were both just blindsided.

Ellie opened her mouth to speak but she did not know what to say. She wanted kids but not until she was older, definitely not right now when she was living in a different country from her boyfriend.  She felt so many emotions getting ready to burst inside of her and she started to cry silent sobs that racked through her body. Jensen sat on the side on the bed and pulled her close to him, smoothing her hair down on her back.

"I'm here. Don't worry I'll always be here." Jensen repeated in her ear.