3

The darkness always scared Ellie, reminding her of her past. She felt like she was being suffocated, like the darkness that surrounded her gripped her throat and sucked the air out of her lungs. She gripped the blanket closer to her as the memories flooded her head.

She could feel his hands burning her skin and his mouth assaulting her lips. Her heart rate quickened as the nightmares flooded through her and her breaths became quick and ragged. Her screams for help audible in her head, her desperation tangible. She could feel the cold air that brushed over her bare skin and his hot breath that smelled like alcohol.

She heard the sound the doors opening and her heart seemed to stop, her blood running cold. The sound of footsteps echoing outside her door. She gulped hard as the door opened, light streaming in around the person. She sucked in a breath as she let out a cry.

"Hey, it's just me!" Jensen said as he raced into the room and by her side.

She hugged into him, pulling him closer to her as she let herself unravel.

"It's just me." He repeated to her.

Jensen wrapped his arms around her, his heart aching at the thought of knowing the pain she was in.  He was scared that this would happen, it did when he was living there and he was always able to comfort her.  What would happen if he wasn't there to comfort her?  But all that mattered was that he had gotten here in time today.

"It's like I'm reliving it again." She said as her body shook in his grasp.

He ran his hand over her back in small circles, hoping the action didn't trigger her worse.  Sometimes it gets so bad that the act of touching her scares her more.  He hugged her closer to him.  He had read that applying pressure to a person having a panic attack created a sense of security.  He had read his fair share of articles that told of what to do in an event of a panic attack in the months after her assault.  She had spent many nights wrapped in his arms as he tried to calm her.  It seemed that she had many triggers but as time went on, her triggers decreased.

Jensen glanced down at his watch.  Filming had run late and it seems like he is going to be spending more time with Ellie than he had originally expected.  Danneel should understand, he shrugged.  Soon, Ellie began to calm down, her tears stopped flowing and her heart wasn't racing any longer but Jensen didn't dare to move.

"I'm okay now." Ellie said as she sat up and wiped her face.

"I'll wait." Jensen answered, moving to sit on the floor.

He leaned back to rest on the bed frame and closed his eyes.  He had another early day at set tomorrow and he was already tired from today. 

"What about Danneel? It's past twelve, she'll be waiting for you." Ellie said as she got under the covers.

"Go to sleep. Stop worrying about me." Jensen answered.

Ellie leaned over and kissed his cheek.  Jensen turned his head, his gaze meeting hers.  They had often kissed each other on the cheeks or foreheads but this was different. Her lips had lingered longer than they usually did and could feel her warm breath on his skin. The sensation brought chills over him.

"Thank you J" she whispered as she laid down.