22

Flying home on a red eye flight and having to shoot the whole day after getting back was never a good idea. Jensen's eyes were fluttering closed as he tried to fight the urge to sleep. Jared plopped down on his chair beside him and nudged him, shoving a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Didn't get much sleep, huh?" Jared winked.

Jensen gave him a look and took a big gulp of the coffee even though it was still a little too hot to drink.

"Thanks for this," Jensen said as he gestured to the coffee.  "How's Gen doing?"

Jared sighed, "Morning sickness is the most inaccurately named thing ever. She's sick all the time. I just feel bad. I want to help her but there isn't really anything I can do."

Jensen put a hand on his best friends shoulder and gave it a squeeze, "You just gotta continue being there for her, brother."

An assistant came up and pulled Jared away, leaving a tired Jensen to finish his coffee. He gulped down the last bit, hoping that it would be enough to keep him awake for the next hour or so until he was able to take a quick power nap. He felt his phone vibrating in his pocket, he pulled it out and smiled when he saw that it was Ellie.

"Jensen, we are reshooting that last scene!" A woman said as she speed walked over with a washcloth in one hand.

Of course they had to reshoot the most physically demanding scene they have done in a while on a day when he is about to pass out. The makeup artist was wiping the 'blood' off his face so they could film the fight scene again. A notification popped up on his phone- "Ellie-Missed Call & VoiceMail". He sighed, knowing he would not have time to call her back for a little while. An uneasy feeling settled in his stomach. He hated that he was not able to just go home and see her like he used to. His career did not make it easy to have a relationship with the long hours and traveling but now that Ellie was across the country, it was going to be even harder. They made a deal that they would talk to each other on the phone everyday but he could not help but wonder if that would be enough to sustain them. He hated the thoughts that were running through his mind, knowing it was only because he was tired and pessimistic at the moment but he also thought there was some truth to them.

"Is Jensen ready?" The director yelled from across the room.

"In a sec!" The makeup artist yelled as she finished powdering his face. She stepped back and nodded, approving her work, "Perfect! Now go get 'em."

He made a mental note to call Ellie back after he shot this scene. Jensen smiled at his makeup artist and got up, yawning as he walked onto the scene.