9

"Oh my god what happened to me?" Ellie asked as she stumbled out of her bedroom.

Jensen sat at the island, the newspaper sitting in front of him. She sat down at the stool next to him, resting her head into her hands.

"Someone decided to partake in happy hour yesterday." Jensen said handing her the Advil.

"Thank you." Ellie said as she popped the bottle open.

Her head was pounding and the taste of alcohol still faintly lingered in her mouth. She squeezed her eyes shut, the light only worsening her headache.

"Um, about last night..." Jensen started, "We sort of kissed."

"It wasn't sort of, we did kiss." Ellie groaned. "I was drunk, J."

Jensen nodded, running his hand along his chin. "It seemed like it was more than just a drunken kiss. You said that you've always wanted to do that or something along that line."

Ellie sat up and looked him in the eye. There was something in the way he was looking at her that made Ellie blush. His lips were slightly parted and his eyes seemed brighter than usual.

"I wasn't thinking clearly." Ellie said forcing a smile.

Jensen stood up, grabbing his car keys and jacket. Ellie could tell he was annoyed. Jensen paused, sighing as he stood at the other side of the island.

"What do you want to me to say?" Ellie said meeting his gaze.

Jensen gripped the edge of the counter, his knuckles turning white. He was confused and angry, mostly at himself but also at Ellie for putting him in this position.

"I should get home to Danneel. She'll be worrying about me." He said clearing his throat.

"I'm sorry about everything that happened last night." Ellie said as he made his way to the door.

Jensen paused at the door, fighting the urge to interrogate her more about the kiss but he also wasn't sure if he truly wanted to know. He was happy with Danneel and didn't want to mess that up.

"Let's forget it." Jensen said before leaving even though both of them knew that there was no forgetting it.