16

*Sorry for the long wait for the update :/ I wrote this really quickly so I apologize for the bad quality*

Ellie looked over the empty apartment. Only her suitcase of things ready for the airport sitting in the corner was left. Everything was beginning to settle in. She was really leaving. This had been her home for so long, it felt weird to just be packing up and leaving. 

She walked to the kitchen and grabbed the notepad that she had written her checklist of items on. She sighed when she had them all crossed off. She now officially had nothing to do and an empty apartment.

There was a knock on the door and Ellie's eyebrows furrowed in confusion of who it could be. She knew Gen was at a doctors appointment and Jared and Jensen already left for filming. She opened the door and forced a smile when she saw Danneel.

"Sorry to drop by on you but I was nearby and wanted to talk." She smiled.

"Oh, it's fine." Ellie said hoping it sounded believable.

Danneel smiled and walked in, closing the door behind her. Her smile faded slowly as she looked over the barren apartment.

"Wow, this is harder than I thought it would be." Danneel said pursing her lips.

"What do you mean?" Ellie asked as she pulled herself up to sit on the countertop.

"Well, a lot of memories have happened here. I mean J took me back here after our first date. We hung out here all the time. Just... It's sad to know that all that will be in the past."

Ellie nodded, letting out a long breath as she did so. A chapter of her life was closing, and she wasn't sure if she was ready to close it yet.

"I want to ask you something." Danneel hesitantly said as she sat on the counter next to Ellie.

"Anything."

"Did you sleep with Jensen?"

Her voice had turned hard, cold even. All the warmth and kindness that usually inhabited her had seemed to disappear. Ellie felt her heart sink to the bottom of her stomach and a bile taste fill her mouth. Even though she wasn't very fond of Danneel, she didn't want to hurt her like this.

"I could smell your perfume on his clothes and there was a red smudge on his shirt which I'm assuming is lipstick and I know he spent the night here." Her voice was trailing off.

Danneel wiped her eyes and took a deep breath before looking at Ellie. Ellie's eyes were glassy as she bit the inside of her cheek. Danneel cleared her throat.

"Please, I've been driving myself crazy and I just need to know." She said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Ellie contemplated lying for the sake of Danneel but what would happen if the truth came out? Danneel squeezed her hands together in her lap as she stared at Ellie, waiting for the answer.

Ellie nodded her head and Danneel held her head up high as she jumped off the counter. More tears were escaping now and she tried to wipe them away before they rolled the rest of the way down her reddening cheeks.

"I thought it was just my imagination..." She said hoarsely. "I thought I was just being paranoid."

Ellie sat, wringing her hands together, unsure of what to do or say. Watching Danneel cry in front of her brought tears to her eyes. She couldn't imagine what she was feeling.

"My god, I thought I was gonna spend the rest of my life with him. We were gonna have a family and a house and... And...." Her chest was heaving up and down as her tears turned into sobs.

"He was planning on proposing to you, not to me." Ellie said quietly to her.

"But that's not the point. He lied to me about how he felt about you and I feel stupid for believing him. I see the way he looks at you. He's never looked at me that way before... God, I feel so stupid."

Ellie opened her mouth, about to say something when she realized that she didn't know what she going to say. What was there to say? Nothing that she could do would make Danneel feel better right now or maybe ever.

"Do you love him?" Danneel asked as she waited at the door.

"Yes," Ellie replied.

"Take care of him." Danneel said as more tears escaped.

Ellie sat on the counter as the door was slammed shut, she pulled her knees up to her chest and a wave of anxiousness and guilt ran through her body. She had always wanted Jensen but not in this way.