5

"Late night?" Jared asked as he approached Jensen, handing him a cardboard cup.

Jensen glanced up at his buddy, yawning. He happily accepted the coffee Jared handed him.

"Stayed late at Ellie's." Jensen answered.

"How'd Danneel feel about that?" Jared said as he sat down beside Jensen.

Jensen shrugged. He knew that she had to be a little upset with him being out all night but she also knew what Ellie was going through right now. She couldn't be mad at him for being a good friend, could she?

"She knows we're just friends."

Jared nodded hesitantly, wondering if Danneel knew that Ellie didn't feel that exact way.

"You should go see her. She mentioned that you guys hadn't talked in two weeks." Jensen said as he flipped through the script. 

The last time Jared had seen Ellie she had confessed something to him that he didn't want to necessarily know, even if he had previously suspected it. It put him into an awkward position that he didn't want to be in, a position that included him lying to his best friend.

"I might stop by after work." Jared said forcing a smile.

He should go see her, no matter how much he didn't want to right now.

Jensen took another gulp of his coffee, glad to have the caffeine. He knew his make up artist was going to yell at him for the bags under his eyes and make a comment about how he always tries to make her job harder.

"How's Gen doing?" Jensen asked.

Jared shrugged, "She's been... Good."

"Why the hesitation?" Jensen raising an eyebrow.

Jared thought back to the three few weeks. Gen had been odd recently. She had been eating for little and when she did eat, she felt sick. She kept telling him she had a stomach bug but no stomach bug lasted for three weeks.

"I feel like she's not telling me something. That's all."

Jensen nodded and placed a hand on Jared's shoulder before getting up.

"If there's anything I can do, don't hesitate." Jensen said to Jared.

Jared smiled and trained his gaze towards the ground. "You're a good friend, J."

Jensen smiled, turning back towards Jared as was walking. "So I've been told."