Chapter 2

LILY'S POV

TWO WEEKS LATER...

I have been staying with Chelsea and her family for the last two weeks but I am now heading to the police station to talk with the head officer. Chelsea is sitting in the back with me as her parents drive me to the station.

We pull up outside the station and we slowly get out of the car. Chelsea comes around and holds my hand for support. Her parents smile sadly at me before we all walk inside.

I am greeted with the same officer who told me the news two weeks ago. He leads Chelsea, her parents and I to an interviewing room. I sit down on a chair and Chelsea sits beside me while her parents stand behind us.

A new officer walks into the room and sit down across from us with a folder in his hands. He places the folder on the table between us before opening it.

"Miss Brooks, I am officer Derek Masterton. I am sorry to confirm that your family has indeed been kidnapped and they are looking for you as well. We don't know who these people are or where they have your family but our top priority at the moment is keeping you safe so we have to make some changes. You will be moving into L.A under the protection of head officer Jace Woods. You will have your name and look changed in order to keep you safe. You will not be allowed to contact anyone from here unless it's myself as protection precautions. I'll leave you to talk to your friends." He explains before leaving again, closing the door behind him.

I look to Chelsea and she looks broken. I hug her tightly and we both let out our tears. I don't want to leave her but I have to to keep myself and her safe.

"I don't want you to go, Lily." Chelsea sobs.

"I don't want to go either, Chelsea but it will keep you and your family safe as well as me. Hopefully the police will find my family and the kidnappers soon so that I can come back to you again." I reply, trying to be strong.

Her parents leave the room as well to give us some space, closing the door behind them as well.

I pull back slightly and hold Chelsea's face in my hands, "I love you, Chelsea and I always will." I say before pressing my lips to hers softly.

She pulls back and smiles, "I love you too, Lily, forever and always."

I hug her again trying to memorise the warm feeling I get from her hugs. If I'm being honest I have loved Chelsea since the moment I laid eyes on her. She is the most beautiful person in the world and I'm over joyed that she loves me too.

"Lily, I have to tell you something." She says and I pull back so I can look at her properly.

"What is it, Chelsea?" I ask gently and tears well up in her eyes again.

"You know how I went to the doctor's the other day?" She asks and I nod.

"They said I have cancer. It's spread throughout my whole body and there's a very high chance that I'll die within the next two months." She explains and I break down again. First my family is taken away from me and now the girl I love is being taken too.

"Oh baby." I sob before bringing her into my arms again. I don't want to leave her if she's going to die, I want to be here with her. I want to be there as she breathes her last breathe.

"I'm kinda glad you are going so you don't have to see me like that but I was hoping we had more time together." She sobs.

"I want to be here for you, baby. I don't want to go and leave you here. I want more time with you." I sob back.

"I know, Lils, but we can't change anything so we just have to make these last few minutes together count." She replies.

We pull back and I smile lightly at her, "Ok, baby, for you."