Chapter 10

TWO YEARS LATER...

I'm in my second year of business college and things are going great. I have made a new friend, Monica, who is studying to become a receptionist like Jacob. I am the top of my class and my teachers think I will go far. Liam has also been gone for two years and I'm feeling better about it. No one has asked me out in the last couple years so I don't have to worry about that but the longer time goes on means the closer I am to seeing Liam again.

I am currently sitting in the court yard with Monica when Andy comes into sight. Dad makes Andy drive me to and from school everyday for protection. I still don't like Andy very much but I have gotten used to him being an asshole.

Andy comes to a stop in front of me and smiles, "Ready to go?" He asks and I nod.

"I'll see you later, Monica." I say and give her a quick hug before walking away with Andy.

"How was your class?" He asks.

"It was good, I feel like I know everything already but this is just confirming everything." I answer and he chuckles.

"Sometimes school feels like that." He comments and I nod.

"How has your day been so far?" I ask as we reach the truck.

"Crappy, I was actually wondering if you would come for ice cream with me?" He asks and I nod.

"Sure, if you're paying." I tease and he nods.

"Of course." He jokes and we both get into the truck.

He drives us to an ice cream shop and parks the car. We both get out and he locks the car before we walk into the shop. I order a chocolate chip ice cream while Andy gets cookies and cream. We then find a booth and sit down.

"Becky, if I asked you to go out on a date with me, what would you say?" Andy asks randomly and I sigh.

"I'd say yes because everyone deserves a shot." I reply and he smiles.

"So, would you go out on a date with me this Saturday?" He asks and I nod with a smile.

If he has the balls to ask me then I'll say yes and let him have his shot, never know maybe I'll have fun.

"I would love to." I answer and his smile widens.

After that we just sit there chatting about random things.

****

SATURDAY...

I wake up and roll over before stretching. I then sit up and let my eyes adjust properly to the light coming into my room. I get up out of bed and go to my wardrobe to choose some clothes for the day. I had a shower last night because I thought it would be easier. I grab three quarter light blue jeans, white v-neck, black leather jacket, ankle socks and black converse before putting it all on.

I walk out of my wardrobe and go to my bathroom to do my hair. I brush it before putting it into a ponytail. I smile before exiting my bathroom and room and going down to the kitchen.

I have been sleeping a lot better lately but I still have the occasional nightmare where I wake up screaming and gasping.

I walk into the kitchen to see Lucas, Jace and Dave standing there.

"Hey guys." I greet as I walk over to the fridge.

"Good morning, ready for you date?" Lucas asks and I nod.

"Mhm, I'm hoping to have a good time." I answer and he chuckles.

"Well, I'll be there to make sure you do." Lucas says and I frown.

"Dad, you said once I started college I wouldn't need a body guard." I state and he sighs.

"As much as I trust Andy I'm not too keen on leaving you alone with him for the whole day." He admits and I face palm.

"Dad, I'll be fine, I'm a big girl now." I say and he sighs before nodding.

"Fine but call if you need anything." He replies and I nod with a smile.

"Thank you. Now Dave, what are you doing here on this lovely morning?" I ask.

"Trinity and bubs are shopping for clothes and I wasn't too keen on that so I came here." He answers and I sigh.

"You're supposed to go and carry the bags." I state in a'duh' tone.

"I'll go after I have finished my coffee then." He replies and I nod.

I grab my smoothie out of the fridge before closing the fridge and starting to drink it. I get about half way through when the doorbell rings. I know it's Andy because I can smell him but I go to get it anyway.

I open the door with my smoothie in one hand and smile, "Hey Andy, come on in."

"Hey Becky, I bought you this but I didn't know whether you would like it or not." He says before handing me a little bag.

I smile before leading him to the kitchen. I place my smoothie down before opening the little bag. It's a nice little ring, with a few small diamonds on it.

"It's lovely, Andy, thank you." I say before slipping in onto my thumb on my left hand.

"It's not much but I won it a little while ago so I thought it would be a nice gift for you." He replies, nervously.

"No, it's great, thank you." I say before leaning up and kissing his cheek.

I go to finish off my smoothie to find it already gone. Dave smiles before kissing my cheek and running out of the house.

"Stupid brother." I mumble before going upstairs to do my teeth.

Once I'm ready I grab everything I need before going back down to Andy.

"Bye guys, see ya later." I call out to dad and Lucas.

"Bye have fun." They call back and I smile.

Andy opens my door for me and I smile before hopping into the car. He walks around and gets in his side before starting the car and driving out of the driveway.

"So where are we going?" I ask and he smile.

"On a walk a little way away from here, is that ok?" He asks and I nod.

"Sounds great." I answer and he smiles wider.

If I hadn't gotten used to him over the past two years I would be suspicious that he is taking me out here to kill me, funny how he wouldn't succeed. Lol.

After about half an hour of driving in a comfortable silence Andy pulls into a dirt driveway and drives down it for about five minutes. Eventually we come to a clearing with a small cabin placed in the middle. It's nice. Andy stops the car and we both get out.

"This is my dad's cabin, he built for him and mum but he doesn't use it any more. I thought I would come out here and fix it up a little bit for him and mum then force them to take a holiday together out here." Andy explains and I smile.

"So am I here to help with the reno?" I ask, turning to look at him.

"You could if you wanted to but I just brought you here cause this is where the walk starts." He answers with a shrug.

"I'd be happy to help so let me know when you're working on it and I'll come lend a hand." I tell him and he smiles.

"Thanks, that would be very helpful." He replies.

"You're welcome."

"Are you busy tomorrow cause that's when I was planning to start?"

"I'm free tomorrow, what time you want me here?" I ask.

"I could pick you up from yours at nine?" He suggests and I nod with a smile.

"Sounds good." I reply and he smiles at me.

"Ok let's get this walk started." He says and I giggle before telling him to lead the way.

He goes to his truck and grabs a back pack before leading me to the trees.