Chapter 6

ANNA'S POV

I wake up with a thumping headache, my hands tied together and tape over my mouth. I look around me to see I'm in a truck with a couple guys in the front seats but no one in the back with me. How did no one see them taking me? Is Jace and Dave ok? Do they even know I'm gone yet? Are these the people that took my family? Are my family still alive? What are they going to do to me?

The guy in the front seat turns around and he smirks, "Well look at that, sleeping beauty is awake." He comments before chuckling and turning back around.

I push my tongue past my lips to lick the tape and around my mouth. Eventually the tape gets loose and I push my tongue out as far as it will go making the tape fall off my face. I move my mouth around before licking my lips.

"Where are you guys taking me?" I ask and the guy from before snaps his head back to me.

"How did you get the tape off your mouth?" He asks, clearly shocked.

"Answer my question and I'll answer yours." I say and he looks to the guy in the driver's seat who nods.

"We are taking you to where we have your family held captive." He answers and I nod.

"I used my tongue." I answer and his eyes widen.

"How?" He asks.

"Answer another question of mine first." I say and he nods.

"Did anyone at the funeral get hurt when you took me?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"No, we were only there to get you." He answers and I let out a breath of relief.

"I licked around my mouth until it got loose then pushed my tongue out till it fell off." I answer and a look of being impressed crosses his face.

"You're cool, I like you." He comments before turning back around.

I guess that's a good thing, having one of my kidnappers liking me. I wouldn't know I've never been kidnapped before, I'm just hoping they don't kill me.

We come to a stop a couple minutes later and the guys get out of the car. The door on my right is opened and the guy who likes me helps me out.

He holds my upper arm as he leads me to this huge mansion. It's dark and creepy looking but I'm not going to comment on it out loud.

He leads me into the mansion before taking me through the house and down to the basement. He takes me to a cell and unties my hands before opening the cell door and pushing me in. He closes the door behind me before waving and leaving.

"Are you hurt, dear?" I hear my mother's voice ask from the cell beside mine.

"Mum?" I ask as I race over to the cell walls.

"Lily? What happened to you?" She asks as she stands up and comes over to me.

"I was under the protection of the police so I had to change my look but it clearly didn't work." I explain and she grabs my hand through the cell bars.

"How did they get you?"

"I was at Chelsea's funeral and was by myself so they grabbed me." I explain, feeling a tear run down my cheek.

"What happened to Chelsea?" She asks and I remember she doesn't know what's going on.

"She got cancer and it spread throughout her whole body. She died a couple days ago and today was her funeral." I explain and my mum let's out a sob.

"Where are the others?" I ask, scared that they are dead.

"Asleep. We are all in this cell together. None of us are hurt but we are terribly hungry." She answers and I breath out a sigh of relief.