Chapter 3

ANNA'S POV

Jace drives us to a takeout shop and gets us some food before driving us to his house. When we pull up outside his house I smile. It's a nice house, not too big, not too small.

We get out of the car and Jace walks up to the house, unlocking it before calling out to someone and coming back down to the SUV where I was getting out some of my bags.

Jace and a younger version of Jace, except with blue eyes, appear beside me and their jaws drop.

"That's a lot of bags." Younger looking Jace comments.

"Tis but they won't move themselves." I say before taking as many bags as I could up to the house.

"First room on the left at the top of the stairs!" Jace yells out.

"Thanks!" I yell back before going into the house, up the stairs and into the room assigned to me.

The room was a cream colour with a king size bed in the middle, a desk with a lamp, laptop and iPhone on it, it had two doors that lead to other rooms that I'm guessing are wardrobe and en suite. I put down the bags before going to the door on the right, walk in wardrobe.

I leave the door open and grab the bags before moving them into the wardrobe. When I exit the wardrobe Jace and younger version of Jace come into the room with their arms full with bags. I step out of the way and they put the bags on the floor in the wardrobe.

"Is that everything?" I ask and Jace nods.

"Why did you get so much stuff?" Younger version of Jace asks.

"Max said to get lots cause I'm going to a mufti high school and I can't wear the same thing over and over again, can I?" I ask.

"Obviously not." He replies.

"I shall introduce myself, I'm Anna." I introduce, holding out my hand to younger version of Jace.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Dave." Younger version of Jace replies and I smile.

"Nice to meet you too, Dave." I say and take my hand back after shaking his.

"Anna, my room is down the end of the hall and Dave's is across from yours if you need us." Jace says and I nod.

"Do you guys have ear plugs?" I ask and they frown.

"Why?" Jace asks.

"Cause I have been having nightmares lately and I scream loudly." I answer truthfully. I had been having nightmares about what they were doing to my family and let's just say it wasn't pretty.

"We don't need ear plugs, Anna. Is there anything you need us to do when we wake you?" Jace asks, worry evident in his voice.

"Chelsea always just hugged me until I calmed down but if you guys aren't comfortable with that then just leave me to cry it out." I answer with a sad sigh. I miss Chelsea terribly and it hasn't even been that long. I really hope I get to see her before the cancer takes her away from me. I feel a tear roll down my cheek just thinking about Chelsea and I quickly wipe it away.

"We have no problem hugging you until you calm down, Anna, whatever helps." Jace says wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Thanks guys." I reply and they smile at me.

"Let's go have some food." Jace suggests and I nod with a smile.

We all go downstairs and they lead me to the lounge before we all take some of the food, Chinese. We sit there eating and talking, making small conversation.