Chapter 30

BECKY'S POV

NEXT DAY...

I get out of my car and lock it before starting the walk up to Nate's office. Nate had told me to take some time off but I am fine after a decent sleep so I told him I was coming in. Liam knows how stubborn I am so he didn't even try to convince me otherwise which I was thankful for.

I get up to my desk and put my bag down then make my way to Nate's office. I got here 10 minutes earlier today so I could talk to him about yesterday. I nod at the two guards standing outside Nate's office before knocking and entering.

"You definitely are stubborn." Nate comments as I close the door and make my way over to his desk.

"Of course I am. I got here early to talk to you about yesterday, about what you found out about me and Liam." I say as I take a seat in front of his desk.

"How did you become a quarter human and three quarters vampire?" Nate asks.

"I was full human but then I was kidnapped and injected with vampire blood. A lot of things have happened in my life which has made me tough, stubborn and strong but my only weakness is being slightly human. I am happy to still have the human part of me but it's just not the same. I have a protective instinct over those who are close to me, including yourself. I hope that me not being fully human doesn't change things too much." I answer and he smiles.

"It doesn't really change anything. You are still the same person as you were before I found out, I just see you in a different light now. You are definitely a strong person, Becky, and I admire you for that. You have helped me so much in the time that we have known each other and I thank you for that. You brought Monica and I together, you kept us together, you have saved my life twice and in work you have sacrificed more than you should have to to make sure things run smoothly and stay afloat. I am happy to call you a friend and even a sister." He says and I stand up.

"Thank you, Nate." I reply with a nod before turning to leave.

"Wait. I want a hug." He says and I smile then turn around and walk over to him. He wraps his arms around me and I do the same. Nate gave brotherly hugs that I have missed since losing my family, I got the same feeling with Dave but I haven't seen him as much lately.

We pull back from the hug with smiles then I turn and walk out of the office to start my work.

"Becky, Jace wants to see you downstairs to go over the security plan." One of the guards, John, says and I nod.

"Let Mr King know where I am if he asks." I reply and he nods so I make my way down to the security office.

"Hey, sweetheart, how are you feeling?" Jace asks as I walk into the office.

"I'm good, sleep helped a lot." I answer and he smiles.

"Ok so the security plan is guards for Nate, higher security around the building and at his house. A guard has also been set for Monica because if they want to hurt him the easiest way would be through her. I want a bodyguard for you but I know you don't want one plus you have Liam with you most of the time and I'm sure he is more than capable of looking after you." Jace says and I nod.

"Sounds good. Do you have more security cameras to see if we can see these people? Also can the footage from the last couple of days be sent to my computer please?" I asks and Jace nods.

"We did put more cameras in and it has already been sent to you." He answers.

"Is that all then?" I ask and he nods so I kiss his cheek then make my way back up to the office.

I'm about halfway up to the office when I sense a gunman pointing straight for Nate so I teleport to the office and get shot straight in the stomach.