Chapter 13

BECKY'S POV

I pull into the driveway to see Dave's, Lucas' and Jace's trucks all here, great - sarcasm. Now I have to explain why I have a kid with me to everyone. I sigh before getting out of the car and getting Lachie out of the back. He clings to me and rests his head on my shoulder.

I walk up to the house and open the door before walking in. I close the door behind me before going to the kitchen where Jacob, Lucas, Trinity, baby Anna, Dave and Jace are all standing. They all look at me and their eyes widen.

"You have a kid." Jacob states and I nod.

"He's not actually mine but I'm going to look after him." I explain.

"You're too young to look after a kid, Becky." Jace says softly but I shake my head.

"Dad, I'm 20 I can look after a kid. Either way everyone this is Lachlan. Lachie, this is my family." I say and Lachlan looks up from my shoulder. His eyes widen when he sees everyone but he doesn't seem scared.

"What's with the scarf?" Lucas asks and I freeze.

"Um, my friend Sarah said it looked nice on me so she told me to borrow it for a little while." I answer and he eyes me suspiciously.

"You don't like scarves so why were you wearing it to start with?" He asks.

"We were playing dress up." I answer.

"Well you don't need it inside, sweetheart." Jace says but I shake my head.

"No I like it on." I reply and Lucas stands up before stalking over to me.

He's about to grab the scarf when the doorbell rings and he pauses giving me the time to run to the door. I open it and see Andy standing there.

"Hey Becky and child." He greets with a smile before he kisses my cheek.

"Hey Andy, what are you doing here?" I ask with a small smile.

"I just wanted to come see if you were home and wanted to talk to your dad about something." He answers and i nod.

"All right then, come on in." I say before moving out of the way.

"Nice scarf." He comments as he walks into the house.

"Thank you. Sarah convinced me to wear it and I like it." I reply and he smiles.

"How is she?" He asks as I close the door and follow him to the kitchen.

"She's good, not tired today." I answer and he chuckles.

"Did you tell the others yet?" He asks.

"No, they have been questioning me about Lachie and my scarf." I answer and he chuckles.

"You wanna tell them?" He asks.

"I'm happy for you to if you want." I answer and he nods.

We walk into the kitchen and Lucas jumps at me but I grab the scarf before he can pull it away.

"Let go of the scarf." Lucas demands but I shake my head.

"You let go of the scarf." I reply but he shakes his head.

Lachlan bites Lucas's hand softly and Lucas quickly let's go of the scarf.

"He bit me!" Lucas exclaims.

"You didn't listen to me." I reply with a smirk and I kiss Lachie on his forehead. Lachie smiles up at me before fixing my scarf properly then laying his head on my shoulder again.

"I like this kid." Dave says with a smirk.

"Becky, try to keep him from biting people." Jace says and I nod.