Chapter 16

BECKY'S POV

We get to the pack house and I see Lachie sitting outside on the steps crying. I jump out of the car and run over to him. I pick him and hold him tightly.

"What happened, buddy?" I ask and he sniffles.

"Mummy yelled at me because I walked into the lounge and asked where dad was." He answers and I nod.

Nick comes over and I pass Lachie over to him before walking into the house. I walk into the lounge and see Sarah glaring at me.

"Sarah, you might be pregnant and grumpy but that doesn't mean you take it out on Lachie." I growl and she shrinks into the couch.

"I'm sorry but the baby has been kicking and it's extremely uncomfortable." She says and I sigh.

I walk over to her and place my hand on her stomach. The baby stops kicking and Sarah sighs.

"What did you do?" She asks.

"Calmed it down." I answer before sitting down beside her.

"What are you doing here by the way?" She asks and I smile.

"Nick came to pick me up so I told him to bring me here instead of home." I answer.

Nick walks into the room with Lachie who was hiding in his neck, "Sarah, look what you've done to our son." Nick growls and Sarah sighs.

"I'm sorry. Come here, Lachie." She says before holding out her arms.

Nick places Lachie on my lap before leaving the room. Lachie hugs Sarah and she whispers how sorry she is for upsetting him.

"Mummy, is daddy gonna be grumpy now?" Lachie asks as he sits back in my lap properly.

"He's just a little upset with me." She answers and he nods.

"Can I go play outside?" He asks and she nods. He smiles before hopping off my lap and running out of the room.

"So, I have some good news." I say and Sarah smiles.

"Yay, tell me." She replies excitedly and I giggle.

"So you know Nate King, big chain CEO?" I ask and she nods.

"Well, he came to speak to my class today and he offered me a job for after I graduate next week as well as saying he'll be at my graduation." I tell her and she squeals happily.

"That's so awesome. When is it I want to be there with Nick and Lachie?" 

"A week from now." I answer and she smiles before hugging me.

"Go tell Nick it might put him in a better mood." She says and I laugh before getting up.

I walk to Nick's office and knock on the door. I hear something crash and I quickly open the door. The room is destroyed. Holes in the walls, desk flipped, broken computer, just everything broken. I see Nick on his knees breathing heavily. I walk over to him and kneel in front of him.

"Nick?" I ask softly and he looks at me with sad eyes.

"The Alpha King rang, he wants to take Lachie away because he's a hybrid." He explains and I sigh before wrapping my arms around his shoulders. He hugs me back and rests his head on my shoulder.

"I see him as my son, I don't want him taken away. What if they kill him?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I won't let that happen. I'll go talk to the Alpha King." I say but he sighs.

"You can't, they'll probably kill you." He states.

"I'm not an easy person to kill, Nick." I remind him and he shrugs.