Chapter 4

ANNA'S POV

MONDAY MORNING...

It is 7 am and I am sitting at the breakfast bar like usual staring out the kitchen window. Today is my first day at the new high school so I'm dressed appropriately. I'm wearing three quarter black jeans, white v-neck top, black leather jacket and ballet flats.

Dave and Jace walk into the kitchen and I smile lightly at them. They were used to my routine now but it doesn't mean Jace is any happier about it.

"So, excited for school?" Dave asks with a smirk.

"No." I grumble and Dave chuckles.

"Dave, leave Anna alone if you're going to be a dick." Jace scolds and I smile at him thankfully.

"I'm sorry, Anna." Dave apologises and I smile at him.

"It's fine but I don't particularly want to talk about school first thing in the morning." I reply and Dave nods.

I was starting about a month into the term but I didn't really mind too much.

The doorbell rings and I raise an eyebrow, it was too early for Lucas to be here so I don't know who would be here at this time.

Jace shrugs before going to answer the door. A few seconds later a girl about Dave's age (19) walks into the room. She spots me and glares. She stomps over to me and pushes me off the stool making me hit my head on the ground.

My vision starts to go blurry but I shake my head and it kind of focuses again.

"What the fuck, Chloe?!" Dave yells before coming helping me sit up.

"You've been ignoring me and I can guarantee this bitch is the reason why!" Chloe screeches.

I stand up and walk over to her, "You shouldn't jump to conclusions, bitch. I'm basically his sister and you just fucking pushed me off a bar stool because you know he's to good for you but keep denying it. Now stop your fucking screeching before you give me a worse headache than I already have thanks to you." I say before pushing past her and going towards the stairs.

"Who the fuck do you think you are talking to me like that?! Do you know who I am?!" Chloe screams.

"Do you think I care? NO!" I yell back before going upstairs to my room.

I get to my bathroom before I start to feel dizzy, "JACE!" I yell out before falling to the ground.

Jace runs into the room and quickly comes over to me, "Keep your eyes open, ok?" He says and I hum in response, trying to keep my eyes open.

"DAVE, GET THAT BITCH OUT OF THIS HOUSE SHE INSULTED ME!" I hear Chloe scream and I wince.

"NO! YOU GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS HOUSE, WE ARE OVER!" Dave yells at her before I hear footsteps running up the steps.

I was expecting Dave to appear in the doorway but no, Chloe stood there ready to scream at me.

Jace lays me down gently before turning to face Chloe, "Get the FUCK out of my house before I have you arrested for assault." Jace says dangerously.

Chloe quickly leaves and Jace turns back to me. He comes over and picks me up before taking me out of the bathroom and downstairs.

Dave is pacing in the entrance hall with a slap mark on his face.

"Son, if she ever comes to this house again I will personally arrest her." Jace hisses.

"I broke up with her so if she comes back I will personally boot her ass out." Dave replies before looking at me.