Chapter 19

BECKY'S POV

Nate and I are currently in the car on the way home from the lunch. We had a lovely time with lots of laughter. Peter was funny and kept flirting with me which I found amusing but Nate tried to get him to stop.

My phone dings and I open it to see a text from Peter.

'Till next time, beautiful ;)' - Peter.

'I look forward to it ;)' - Me.

"Who are you texting?" Nate asks.

"Your brother, he's quite interested in me it seems." I answer and he frowns.

"I'm sorry about him." He says but I wave him off.

"It was very amusing. I had a really fun time." I reply and he smiles.

"I'm glad, I was kind of nervous for how my family would react but you're basically part of the family now."

"I love your family, they're good people."

'I'll come see you at work when I visit my brother ;)' - Peter.

"When is your brother coming to visit you?" I ask.

"He's coming in a couple weeks to look at how everything works and what I do. He's looking at taking over my father's other business that's a little smaller. He's going to be staying with me for two months. Why?" 

"He just text me saying he would come see me when he visits you." I answer and he sighs.

"As long as he doesn't get in the way." 

"I'm sure he won't."

He pulls into my driveway and I thank him before getting out. I wave as he pulls out of the driveway and drives away.

I walk up to the house and Jace pops his head out of the kitchen, "How was it?"

"It was lots of fun, his brother was flirting with me the whole time. It was very amusing to say the least." I answer as I walk into the kitchen.

"Monica rang about half an hour ago wondering if she could talk to you." He says and I nod before getting out my cell phone.

I dial Monica's number as I make my way up stairs. After about three rings she answers.

"Hey Becky." She says happily.

"Hey Mon, how are you?" I ask as I walk into my room.

"I'm great but I was wondering if I could come visit you at work in a couple days?"

"What for?" I ask as I take my pumps off and sit on my bed.

"Well, I want to see where you work and I have some exciting news I want to tell you but I want to do it face to face."

"Alright, I'll make sure it's alright with Mr King but it should be fine." 

"Great, how about Monday?"

"That should be fine."

"Great. Well, I got to go but I'll see you on Monday."

"Bye Mon."

"Bye Becky." She replies before hanging up.

****

MONDAY...

I arrive at work and walk into the building before going up to my desk. I place all my stuff down before going to Mr King's office. I knock on the door before walking in.

"Morning, Miss Woods." He greets.

"Morning, sir. A friend of mine wanted to come visit me sometime today, is that all right?" I ask and he nods.