Chapter 25

BECKY'S POV

I arrive up at my desk and drop my bag and coat down before grabbing my diary and going to Mr King's office. I knock on the door and then walk in. 

"Really Peter?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. Peter is sitting in the office chair spinning around.

Peter stops spinning so that he is facing me and straightens up, "Hey Becky, didn't think you were going to be here yet."

"If you'll look at the time, Mr King, then you will see I have arrived on time." I say formally and he raises an eyebrow.

"Mr King?" He asks and I sigh.

"When you become a CEO of a company people call you sir or Mr King not Peter, it's a sign of respect." I explain and he nods.

"What if I want them to call me Peter?" He asks.

"Mr King or sir holds more authority and that is what you want when you run a company or else people will step on you. Nate calls me Miss Woods in work and Becky out of work to separate business and personal life, I do the same with him in return. My job is to be your PA while you fill in for Nate therefore I shall call you Mr King or sir during work hours, before or after work hours I shall call you Peter." I say and he huffs.

"But sir and Mr King makes me sound old. Could you call me Peter when there aren't other people around?" He asks. 

"All right and you may call me Becky but if someone is here for a meeting or appointment then you call me Miss Woods." I answer and he smiles with a nod.

"Ok, Becky, you are really going to have to help me with this job. What do I need to know?" He asks.

"Did Nate teach you anything?" I ask and he shrugs.

"Not really. He told me about keeping electronic and paper files, how to act when running a meeting or in one, gave me tips on persuasion, not really anything to do with running a company." He answers and I sigh.

I open my diary as I walk towards him, "You have two workers coming up to ask about holidays which I have talked to Nate about and left notes for you on the desk."

Peter looks at me like I'm crazy and I sigh before walking to his side of the desk, "These papers are workers holidays, these papers need to be read over, these papers need to be organised alphabetically and these papers are tips on running the company, passwords, pin numbers and your access code." I explain, pointing to each of the folders with papers in them.

"Did you organise all this?" He asks and I nod before going around the desk to stand in front of him.

"Nate has you doing heaps of work." He comments.

"I do my usual work to fast so he finds work for me to do, such as organising the little things." I explains and he nods.

"So what are you going to do while I do all this?" He asks.

"My job, Peter. I have papers to type, appointments to confirm, files to organise. If you need me either come and get me or call me by pressing number 1 on the phone." I answer and he nods.

I turn around and leave the room, going to my desk. I grab the phone and start making phone calls to confirm appointments.

****

It's one o'clock in the afternoon and I haven't had a break, not even a hot chocolate. I'm hungry, thirsty and slightly frustrated. Peter doesn't know how to do anything so not only do I have my job and my extra jobs to do but I have to teach Peter how to do do everything.

I am sitting at my desk typing up some papers when the elevator dings. I sigh before putting on my best smile and turning towards the hallway. Liam appears and my smile becomes a real one.