Chapter 14

BECKY'S POV

ONE YEAR LATER...

The last year has been great. Andy and I have gotten closer and I'm definitely falling for him. I got rid of the people who were hunting Lachie and now he has been adopted by Nick and Sarah. Nick, Sarah and I have all gotten closer. Sarah is pregnant with her first child of her own. I'm in my last year of business college and it's one year until Liam gets back. I'm still excited for Liam getting back but I don't know if it's for the same reasons as I started off with.

I am currently making my way to Andy's apartment to surprise him. He's been working heaps so he's currently sleeping at his apartment. My plan is to go wake him up then make him breakfast in bed, I'll see how I go.

I make it to the apartment block car park and quickly find a spot before turning off the car. Andy gave me a key to his apartment about 6 months ago so I didn't have to knock then wait for him to come to the door.

I climb up the stairs to the second floor before going to Andy's apartment door. I slip the key in and quietly unlock the door and open it. I quietly close the door before putting my handbag on the couch. I then tip toe to his room. The door was closed and I could hear grunting, maybe he was having a bad dream, my poor baby. I open the door and get slammed with the smell of sex along with the scene of Andy slamming into his maid. I close the door again before going out to the couch grabbing my bag and leaving the apartment.

I run down to my car before getting in and driving away. I drive home and pull into the driveway. I turn off the car before getting out and going inside. When I walk in the door I smell Nick, Sarah and Lachie's scents here as well as Jace.

I compose myself before going to the lounge and smiling at everyone. Lachie runs over to me and I pick him up before spinning him around in a hug.

"Hey buddy, how are you?" I ask as I place him on the ground again.

"I'm good, how are you?" He asks and I smile.

"I'm good now that you guys are here." I say and he smiles.

I look over to Nick and Sarah and smile at them. Nick smiles back while Sarah frowns at me.

"Weren't you going to Andy's?" Jace asks and I tense.

"Yea but he was busy so I came back home." I answer and Jace nods but eyes me suspiciously.

Sarah gets up and walks over to me before taking my hand and taking me to my room. She closes the door behind her and turns to me. I break down and fall to my knees, crying. She quickly comes over to me and hugs me as I cry my heart out.

"I was falling for him, Sarah, but apparently he didn't feel the same." I sob and she shush's me.

"Well then he's a dick." She grumbles but I just keep crying.

Eventually I stop crying and pull back before wiping my eyes.

"It's ok it's like I wore a bungee cord, I jumped then got to the bottom and pulled the fingers at him before flying back up to the top. His loss not mine." I state and Sarah nods.

"You don't need him. He's an asshole." She states and I nod in agreement.

"I'm just gonna clean up in the bathroom." I say before standing up, helping her up then going to the bathroom.

While I'm washing my face someone knocks on the door it's only Nick so I just shrug it off. The door opens and I tense. Andy is downstairs talking to dad, I hear and smell him. I take a deep breath in before drying my face and walking out to my bedroom.