Chapter 17

BECKY'S POV

DAY OF GRADUATION...

I am currently standing backstage with the two others who are late graduates from last year. I'm excited but nervous because I have so many people her to see me, well it seems a lot. Nick, Sarah, Lachie, Jace, Dave, Trinity, baby Anna, Lucas, Jacob, Max, Clara, David, Derek, Alex, Monica, Mr and Mrs Winters, Mr King and even Bob is here to watch. Chelsea's parents and Derek had all travelled from my home town just to come see me graduate and it makes me feel extra special.

"Miss Rebecca Woods." My name is called out by Mr Peat and I quickly make my way onto the stage. Everyone here for me, minus Mr King, starts cheering and clapping making me smile.

Mr Peat hands me my papers then shakes my hand with a smile. I smile back before making my way to the other side of the stage. Mr Peat calls the other two onto the stage before congratulating all of us. The three of us throw our graduation caps before laughing and hugging each other.

We all make our way down the stage steps and into the crowd where I'm instantly picked up in a hug from Jace.

"My little girl is growing up." He says before kissing my cheek.

"That's what happens, dad." I tease and he flicks my nose before putting me down. I get hugs from everyone before some of them have to leave to get back to work. I wave them off telling them to go while thanking them with huge smiles.

I'm standing with Nick, Sarah, Lachie, Lucas and Jacob when Mr King makes his way over to us.

"Hello everyone. Miss Woods, congratulations." He says and I smile.

"Thank you, Mr King." I reply.

He hands me a folder with some papers in it, "Fill these out and bring them into my office next Monday and I'll let you get started with your new job." He says.

"Thank you so much, sir, I really appreciate this." I reply with a huge smile.

"I look forward to working with you, Miss Woods." He states before bidding us all goodbye and leaving.

"He's hot." Sarah comments and Nick growls while the rest of us laugh.

"He's my new boss." I state and everyone smiles.

"You're going to go far." Nick comments with a smile and I thank him before kissing his cheek.

We all then pile into cars and drive back to mine to celebrate.

****

NEXT MONDAY...

I take a deep breath before getting out of my new black audi convertible that Jace had got me as a graduation present. I walk into the building before giving the receptionist my name. She smiles before leading me up to Mr King's office.

"Just knock and wait for him to call you in, good luck." She says before smiling and walking away again.

I knock on the door and he calls for me to come in. I open the door and walk in before shutting the door behind me. I walk over to his desk and place the folder with the completed papers on it.

He looks up and gestures for me to sit before taking the folder. I sit down and watch as he goes over everything in the folder.

"Very good, Miss Woods. Now, let's go out to your new desk and I'll go over a few things." He says and I stand up. He stands up as well before going to his door and opening it. I follow close behind him as he leads me to an open room with a desk in the corner.

"This is your desk, you will do most of your work from here. This room is for my clients that come to see me. They must have an appointment and when they arrive they must give you their appointment slip. If someone comes to see me without a slip then call me using the phone. I have set up the computer so all you have to do is make a user name and password. In the back room their is the files, sadly my last PA was slack so the file room probably needs to be sorted..." He then continues to explain what I need to do and some rules before letting me make my user name and password then get started on sorting the file room.