Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five

Months have past since I learned the evil truth about Kelly. It has been a shock but slowly, things are going back to normal. Harsh winter weather has finally settled into hot summer weather. I plan to enter my first event with Faith this upcoming weekend. It will be a small schooling mini event and I will enter her in the Training level. Beau, on the other hand, I plan to stop competing on him, at least for a little while, and focus on Faith.

The sun has finally set at eight thirty. I am busily shining my tack for the upcoming show this weekend. Being the only one at the barn, I jam out to my country tunes as I clean my disgusting jump saddle. I am excited yet nervous for the show. It would be my first event with Faith, even though it is a small show, it will be big for me. In two days, we pack our bags (and horses into the trailer) and head to the Sunshine State, Florida, for the Orange County Mini Event. Mini events are unrecognized, low key shows. Unlike horse trials, mini events cannot qualify you for AECs (since they are unrecognized). But personally, qualifying for AECs with Faith feels like a whole lifetime away. Sure I would like to go with her eventually, but we haven't even completed an event together yet. The Orange County Mini Event is about four hours from Pink Blossom. We are leaving Friday morning, and will arrive at the stables in the afternoon the same day. The horses will have one day to settle in before the show starts Saturday morning. After our stadium rounds Sunday, we will pack up and head back home. April, GiGi, and I will be the only riders competing at Orange County.

Tomorrow, April, GiGi, and I decided to ride bareback on the trails to the pond. Riding bareback on the trails is our pre show ritual, something relaxing yet fun at the same time. And ending the trail ride with swimming in the pond makes it even better. After that, I am going to clip Faith and bathe her.

Since I am focusing more on Faith, Dee is using Beau for some of the junior lessons. He is loved by all the little kids and takes care of them. It is sweet to watch him with the kids and I know he is content with his current job.

"I wanna wrap you up, wanna kiss your lips, I, wanna make you feel wanted..." I quietly sing along to Wanted by Hunter Hayes. This song sort of reminds me of Drew... *Happy sigh* Drew... Drew and I are not just still together, we are best friends. He is fun to be around and is fun to ride with. Drew was planning on riding at Orange County, but sadly is away on vacation with his family.

~

Two hours later, I finish cleaning my tack. It was very successful. My tack sparkles like a new penny. Me, on the other hand, is a different story. My arms are covered in a black soapy slime. It is disgusting.

Quickly, I load my tack and tack trunk in the trailer. Better to get it over with now then save it for later. Tomorrow I wouldn't need any of my tack, since I am riding bareback, using a halter and lead rope as a mock bridle. Ugh! I couldn't wait to get back home and shower! Mom and I have finally moved into Dee's guest house, which is now our house. I absolutely love it!

Walking back into the barn, I give both Beau and Faith a kiss on the nose before shutting off the light and walking over the the golf cart. Crickets chirp in the distance as I swiftly drive the golf cart into our driveway. At home, I say hi to mom and jump into the shower. The warm water feels good against my sweaty, dusty skin. When I get out of the shower, I change into my plaid pajama pants and a tank top. In bed, I fall asleep thinking about the trail ride tomorrow.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Update? I think yes!!! So I am excited to write the next few chapters omg! I have been so busy with my horse shows to qualify myself for AECs lately. And my job as a junior riding instructor lately has pretty much taken over my life. But now show season is slowing down and i have a little more time on my hands. So I know I could have put a lot more effort into this chapter but I was just itching to update! Hope you enjoyed!