Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

My eyes flutter open. The scene is blurry at first before my eyes finally focus. I am laying in the hospital bed surrounded by Dee, GiGi, Mom, and a nurse. My breathing tube has been removed which I am happy about.

I wiggle my fingers as the nurse asked. It hurt a bit, but at least I knew I could do it. The she asked me to wiggle my toes. I wiggle the toes on my right foot but my left leg feels funny. I struggle to move the sheet off my leg to see why my leg felt so weird. When I remove the sheet, nothing is there. Literally. My knee, lower leg, and foot aren't there. A tear drips down my face as I look to the others in the room.

Mom is crying in Dee's shoulder and GiGi's face is filled with fear and sympathy. "Mom.." I struggle to spit those words out of my sore throat as I stareat her.

"The damage to your leg was very bad, Alison." The nurse is the ony one talking, "The doctors had to amputate it off."

"Wh...What? No. No. No. No. No!" Tears come out of my eyes and I don't want to stop. My riding career is over. No more dreams for becoming an equestrian olympian.

"Alison, I am sorry." The nurse gives me a slight smile. That's it. My top was blown.

"No! It is not okay!" I practically yell at the nurse and she seems started. "Has your leg been cut off!?"

"We prefer if you call it amputate." She answers to me calmly.

"Amputate! I am going to call it whatever the hell I want!" I cry as I speak to her.

"Alison! Language!" Mom stares at me bewildered.

"Just leave me alone! Everyone! Please..." The nurse hurries out the room, probably thankful. Mom and Dee walk out together, but GiGi stays. "GiGi. Please, go."

"No." No. that is all she says as she sits down across from me, arms crossed.

"Please! I need time to have everything sync in. I am never going to ride again and-" GiGi cuts me off.

"Ex-cuse me! Never going to ride again!?" I response with a nod. "Look at Angelika Trambert! She is a double amputee and did amazing at the equestrian para-olympics!"

"Yeah? Well I am no Angelika Trambert! I'm not inspirational or any of that crap. I'm me. Broken, leg less me!"

"When you get out of the hospital, I'm helping with Dee to retrain you. I'll ask her when we leave."

"What if I say no!"

"You won't!"

"No! There I said it! I am not doing this!"

"Oh really?"

"No..."

GiGi smiles. "Good. Call me when you leave." And with that, GiGi dissapears out the door. Damn, what I'd I just get myself into

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

EDITED Comment any mistakes Thanks(: