Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

I can hear everything around me, but I can't open my eyes or speak or even move. It's like I am trapped in a lifeless body. I know that I am in a hospital from the sound of monitors beeping and my moms voice calling the nurse. Today, guests other than my mom are allowed to visit. Mom talks to me, I think the nurse told her that I can hear things.

"Hi Alison, honey. Today you are going to get some visitors. If you wake up, don't worry. You can't speak because of the breathing tube down your throat. You are having extra special care given. The IV medicine should take most of your pain away." Mom soothingly strokes my hair. I want to ask her so many questions. I want to ask about Beau and who won the competition and what happened to me.

"Hi Mrs. Michels." I hear GiGi's voice in the room and the sound of her favorite cowboy boots click as the walk. She gets quite before talking again, "Is... Is her leg... um... going to be okay?" What does she mean is my leg going to be okay?

"Hi GiGi. The doctors don't know yet. When she wakes up, I'm sure it will be a shock to her. I'll leave you alone with her. Shout if you need something." The sound of the door quietly closing tells me that my mom is gone.

"Ali I am so sorry. The doctors told me that you can hear me, I guess that is pretty cool. I'm sure you want to know what happened after you left, so I guess I will tell you. Well after they cleared you out and cleaned up, the rest of the rider went. They all had one refusal. In the end, I got first and Jill got second. She was pissed when she found out she didn't win, but I did better that her in the other phases. But you really should have won. I brought you my first prize ribbon and it is laying on the counter with a few other things from me and Dee. Speaking of Dee, she should be here soon." I hear a chair squeak across the room and I hear her sit down.

"Well anyways," She starts, "Beau is alive, thankfully. The case is under investigation because nobody knows how it happened! Beau suffered some injuries like a sprained tendon in the leg and large ugly gashes on his body and face but the vet said he should be fine. But Ali, you on the other hand, got pretty beat up. I don't really want to tell you what happened. Honestly it is sort of hard to look at you." I wish I could cry. Cry of happiness that Beau is okay and cry of fear to what happened to me.

"One more thing, Al. Beau needs you. When you get better, please see him." With that, she gets up and pushes the squeaky chair back and opens the door to talk to my mom.

~

"Hi Ali honey it's Dee. I brought you some flowers and Jill got you a card. She didn't want to come though, I don't know why."Beau is at the equine vet stable back home. Oh Ali, I am so sorry." I feel her hug me awkwardly before I drift back I sleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

EDITED Comment any mistakes Thanks(: