Chapter Forty Three

Chapter Forty Three

I hold the silver trophy in my hand, smiling widely at the camera. The long blue ribbon attached to Faiths bridles flaps around in the wind. It was a perfect, sunny day in northern Florida. Faiths large Grand Champion sash around her neck reminds me that I actually did it. Faith and I were the lowest scoring Training horse and rider team out of every rider in the level. After months of hard training and a rollercoaster past year, it finally paid off. I forget about the accident with Beau at AEC almost a year ago. I forget the fact the Kelly Pils tried to hurt my horse and I. Nothing else matters. Nobody is here to judge me on the fact that I am missing my left leg. I am like everyone else at this show, and thousands of others in the sport. No matter if we have just started riding, or we have been around horses all of our life. No matter if we just go over trotting poles or gallop over jumps six feet. No matter if we ride an old, slow lesson horse or we ride a champion warmblood. We are created equal. We are equestrians.

Dee stands next to my knee, holding the 'Orange County Mini Event Training Level Grand Champion' navy cooler. She smiles almost as wide at the camera as me. I could tell she was proud. Dee made me the equestrian I am today. I could never ask for a better trainer. And I could never be where I am today if it wasnt for my mom. She has supported me through tough times. She kept me going when dad died and she is there for me at every show. Mom stands next to Dee, holding the champion check of $250. That money would head right to the tack store, I already know it. Behind the camera, GiGi and April grin at me. GiGi gives me the thumbs up. Drew has a wide grin across his face. I also have the best support crew. Even though some of my friends back home at Pink Blossom couldn't make it to this show, I know that they would be proud of me.

Even if this was just a mini event, I couldn't be prouder. Faith gave it her all throughout the competition. That's all that mattered to me. We are a team and together, we can do anything.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I absolutely cannot believe Comeback is finally over! It has been such an incredible experience writing this book and getting such positive feedback! I remember how proud I was for 100 reads, how excited I was at 1,000 reads, and now Comeback has over 8,000 reads. It truly amazes me. Thanks again. I love you guys for sticking with me until the end <3 That's all for now. (:

*One added A/N at the end. Please read.