Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Novice cross country rides start at seven in the morning. Seven in the morning!!!!! The sun is just winking over the horizon at six thirty. But I couldn't wait to have my ride at seven thirty seven exactly. GiGi is riding at seven ten and Jill at seven twenty.

Jill hasn't even looked at me today, in fact, I have hardly seen her today. Right after we arrived at five thirty, she dissapeared. Apparently she told Dee that she wanted to walk the cross country course alone. After she left, Dee took us to walk the course. The course was spread out through two miles, which requires a lot of endurance.

I was helping GiGi tack up Danny when Jill appears back. She sneaks into Diva's stalls and starts brushing her, acting like she hasn't even left. GiGi rolls her eyes and steps out to change. I continue brushing the already clean Danny before collecting his tack that was sitting in the front corner of the stall. I gently place the navy blue saddle pad on the tall geldings back. Then, I hoist the black saddle on the pad and tighten it with a matching girth. I decide not to bridle him yet because he was eating some hay. I put on his navy blue bell boots and and a pair of navy blue jumping boots. Just as Danny finishes his hay, I take off his halter and replace it with a black figure eight bridle.

"Thanks, Ali." It was a few minutes before GiGi's warmup time when she walks over to me in her cross country clothes. She has on her black Ariat boots, tan breeches, a navy blue polo, black Charles Owen XC vest, and a navy blue helmet cover over her IRH show helmet.

"Your welcome." I hand her the reins as she clucks Danny to walk behind her. "Good luck!" I call behind. She won't need luck, though. Cross country is her strongest suit.

~

Turns out, she did need luck. GiGi's normal perfect horse refused at two fences, almost resulting her in eliminaion. I'm sure her placings will get knocked down. Turns out most of the other riders either got eliminated or refused a few fences. Sadly, Jill went double clear, sending her forward and in higher placings. I'm sure if I don't do good, she will win. Something feels fishy about Jill, she has been sneaking around all day. I don't know, deep down, I sort of feel like she is up to something. Somethig bad.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Cliff hanger :O Sorry for the short chapter. Excited to write the next one. Hehe >:D EDITED Comment any mistakes Thanks(: