Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Beep, beep, beep, beep.  

"Awrugh!" I make some weird annoyed sound as I sit up in bed.  

GiGi is already up, standing in front of the mirror, brushing her hair. She takes a pause and glances at me. "Well the princess made quite an exaggerated rise this morning, didn't she?" I roll my eyes at her. Maybe the niceness faze from last night was my imagination.

Jill comes skipping into the bedroom out of the hallway. Dressed in a baggy navy sweatshirt, grey sweatpants, and old brown paddock boots, she runs over to me and hugs me.

"Woah. What makes you so happy today?" I ask laughing as I pull sweatpants and a sweatshirt over my pajamas.  

"It's the first day of the show!" Jill says, doing an awkward version of Gangman Style. 

"And she drank three cups of black coffee." GiGi adds.

"Yes. But..." Jill starts, "I got THESE!!!" Jill holds up three strings, each with something hanging off of them. 

GiGi and I look curiously at the mystery item. She hands me one, GiGi one, and keeps one herself.

I look at the object. On a long baby blue silk string, a silver horse and rider leap over a tall vertical. I take a glance at Jill's. A pink silk string with a silver dressage horse, and GiGi had a navy silk string with a horse and rider jumping over a cross country log. Oh my god! The silk string colors matched our cross country colors and the  silver charms matched our favorite parts of eventing.

"Oh my gosh! Who go us these? They are beautiful!" GiGi says.  

"Dee! She got them as good luck charms for us and saved them for the show!" Jill tells us. 

We all high five and slide the necklaces over our necks. Then, something happens, something I would never expect to happen in a million years. GiGi hugs both me and Jill. And instead of pulling away, I hug back. Even if we fight sometimes, in the end, we were teammates.

"Good luck, guys." We all say in unison. 

~

"Isn't this cute!" The parents all walk into our room, carrying cameras and snapping photos of us hugging. 

"MOM!!" We all run over to our parents and cover the camera lenses, laughing. 

"Alright girls" my mother steps in front of me, "remember all of your show gear is already at the barn. So no need to panic incase you forget." GiGi, Jill, and I nod.  

Mrs. Evan's now starts to talk, "We will meet you at the show at seven. Right now, we are goin out to Dunkin' Doughnuts. Finish getting ready, and Dee said she will be here in five."  

"Sounds good!" Jill says as the parents exit the room.

The next few minutes in our room are pure chaos. Brushing teeth, changing, and quickly eating yesterday's breakfast leftovers. I throw on my black paddock boots and so does GiGi. Just then, Dee walks in.

"Come on girls. We need to leave. Like now." Dee calls, rushing us out of the hotel room. We all grab our cell phones before bolting out the room after Dee, who was already at the truck.

~

The sun hasn't even risen yet, and the facility was packed with people. As Dee drives the truck around, looking for a parking spot, Jill, GiGi, and I are looking over our dressage test. It seems fairly simple, other than the flying lead change at 'X'. We have to nail it, or our test would get screwed.

"All right girls. Here is the tack room keys. I'll go park the truck, you go jump out and groom your horses." Dee hands me the bulky key and after we step out of the truck, she drives away.  

I walk ahead of GiGi and Jill, anxious to see my baby boy. Something was wrong.

I walk up to Beau's stall. 

"Oh my god! GiGi! Jill! HELP!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I know I left you guys hanging. Haha. Feel the pain! >:D

****Also, the dressage test will not be a normal Novice test, hence the flying lead change at 'X' haha.**** EDITED comment any mistakes. Thanks(: