Back Home

Third Person's P.O.V.

    It's been about a week since Dean lost his sight.

    Doctors have been running more tests throughout that time. They also had someone talk to Dean to gave him advice on how to get around. They also gave him a white stick, which Dean didn't want to use.

     Sam and Castiel even had to wear a blind fold and try to walk around so they could get an idea of what Dean is going through. They felt lost and felt even more sorry for Dean.

    They also ran into many walls and almost fell a few times.

    Castiel helps Dean walk around, get dressed, makes sure his hair is okay and everything. He also helps Sam to try and find some type of cure for Dean. They haven't found anything so far.

     Each night, Castiel would fly in to the hospital room. He and Dean would talk for a while before falling into comfortable silence. He watched over Dean every night.

     He's being released today. Castiel's helping Dean get ready while Sam was on his way to pick them up.

     The room they're in is dim, in order not to harm Dean's eyes.

          "Thanks again for helping me, Cas." Dean says, he finds the laces of his shoes and ties them together.

          "It's no problem, Dean." Castiel says, grabbing a flannel shirt out of the bag he had brought for Dean. "This is the least I can do in exchange of what you've done for me."

     Dean finishes tying his shoes and sits up.

     Castiel walks up to him and helps him put on a flannel shirt over his solid black T-Shirt. He fixes the collar and runs a hand through Dean's hair to fix it a bit. The Castiel walks back to the bag.

     Sam walks into the hospital room and goes up to them.

            "Hey, Dean, Cas." Sam says, walking into the hospital room.

            "Hey, Sammy." Dean says, standing up and making the sleeves of the flannel shirt comfortable.

            "Hello, Sam."

           "How are you feeling?" Sam asks his big brother.

           "Peachy." Dean replies.

     Castiel picks up the bag and presses sunglasses in Dean's hand. Dean sighs, grabbing the sunglasses. He feels the frame of the sunglasses and unfolds the temples, then puts the glasses on carefully.

           "Ready to go?" Sam asks, Dean and Castiel nod.

     Castiel intertwines their arms and leads Dean out of the hospital. Sam is walking behind them, smiling at the two.

    They are totally going to get together now, Sam thinks.

    They get to Dean's Baby, a black 1967 Chevy Impala.

          "Sam, you better keep my Baby clean, and take care of her, don't scratch her. I don't care if I'm blind, I will still kick your ass. You remember everything I taught you, right?" Dean says, getting in the passenger's seat, Castiel makes sure he doesn't hit his head.

         "Don't worry, Dean." Sam says with a chuckle, "I will."

~At The Bunker~

    Dean finds his way to a chair at a table in the library.

        "When are you going to salt and burn that bastard?" Dean asks, taking off his glasses and tossing them on the table, wincing slightly at light. Castiel turns off a light, making the bunker a little less bright.

    It's like a camera that's aimed at lights, and it's very out of focus, for Dean. All he sees are unfocused blobs of colorless light.

          "Tomorrow." Sam says.

          "You should go tonight. I don't want other people sneaking their way to the house and going blind too."

          "Dean, no one will go in there."

          "Of course they will! How do you think we found out about it? Although people either died there and got scared close to death. Not freaking blind." Dean says. Sam sighs, knowing Dean's probably right.

           "Fine, I'll go tonight. As for you ending up blind, is a good question."

           "Yeah. What time is it now?" Dean asks. Sam checks the time on his phone.

          "It's 3:00." Sam says, placing his phone back in his pocket.

          "Alright." Dean says, "So what am I supposed to do?"

          "What do you mean?" Sam asks.

         "I can't look for cases. I can't DRIVE. I can't do anything!" Dean says, standing up and sighing after.

         "We'll figure something out, Dean. We'll find someone who'll be able to give you your eyesight back." Sam says.

         "What if we can't find anyone, Sammy?" Dean asks, crossing his arms. "What if I stay like this and-"

         "Dean." Castiel interrupts, he turns his head towards Castiel's voice.

         "We will find something." Castiel says, resting a hand on Dean's shoulder. Dean sighs again and nods.

         "You should probably get some rest, Dean. You barely slept at all when you were in the hospital." Castiel tells him, letting his arm fall to his side.

         "Yeah.." Dean says quietly. He walks away from table.

         "Do you need help getting to your room?" Castiel asks.

         "I'm not a baby, Cas. I could do it myself." Dean snaps, and continues walking. Castiel looks at Dean worryingly as he walks away, dragging his hand along wall to find his way around.

        "Don't worry, Cas. He's going through a lot, he'll be okay though." Sam says, then walks away.

    Castiel just nods, even though Sam can't see him, and watches Dean walk away.

[Been thinking of updating once a week, is that okay?
And thanks for reading!]