Forgetting Faces

Third Person's P.O.V.

    Castiel starts to make his way to Dean's room after Sam left yet again, for another hunt.

    Both Sam and Castiel are worried for Dean. Dean's been avoiding them and spending most of his time in his room again. When Castiel walks into Dean's room, he saw Dean quickly wipe away some tears and sniffle.

        "Dammit, Cas. Don't you knock anymore?" Dean says, his voice shaking, holding back more tears.

    Castiel walks over to him and kneels down in front of Dean, who was sitting on one side of the bed.

        "What's wrong? Are you hurt? Do you feel pain?" Castiel asks, looking up and down at Dean and lifts his head up to see if there's any injuries.

       "No, Cas. I'm fine." Dean says, moving his head away from the angel.

       "What's wrong?" He repeated.

       "I don't want to talk about it." Dean says, letting his head fall. "Just pretend this never happened."

       "I can't do that. Dean, please talk to me. Sam and I are both worried." Castiel says, placing a hand on Dean's shoulder. "If you won't talk to me, talk to Sam."

    Dean stayed silent. Castiel sighs and moves his hand away from Dean. He stands up and begins to walk away when Dean calls him back.

        "Cas..." Dean says, Castiel stops and turns to him.

        "Yes, Dean?" Castiel walks back to be in front of Dean.

        "If I talk to about this...promise me you won't tell Sammy this ever happened." Dean says, Castiel sighs and kneels in front of Dean again.

        "I promise." Castiel says.

        "I can't hunt or see anything. Obviously." Dean clears his throat and Castiel wipes some tears away from Dean's face. Castiel notices his cheeks turning pink ever so slightly. Probably from crying, he thinks.

         "Which means I'll eventually forget faces, I'll eventually forget Sam's face, my mom's yours, dad's, Bobby's, everyone's....I can't even look at the pictures I have of my family." Dean says, his voice shaking through the whole thing. He clears his throat, again. This time he wiped away some tears away himself.

        "I've been having nightmares, Cas. To the point where I don't even want to sleep anymore. And I can't escape them. I can't take my mind off it, there's nothing I can do about them." Dean says, Castiel takes his hand in his own.

    Seeing Dean holding his tears back, and failing, it's heartbreaking. Dean's very strong, but he just can't be that right now. Everything's going wrong for him. At least he isn't dead though.

    Castiel doesn't know what to say, he's speechless.

         "I'm so sorry, Dean." Was the first thing he came up with. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around Dean's neck, embracing him. Dean wraps his arms around Castiel and pulls his closer. "Do you want to talk about your nightmares?"

         "No. Not right now, Cas. I-I can't.." Dean whispers in his ear. Castiel nods and stays in his arms, feeling the body heat from Dean. Feeling Dean's arms around him makes his smile slightly.

    They stay like that for a moment until Dean pulls back.

    Castiel frowns, he wants to keep Dean in his arms. To be able to press his lips against Dean's. He wants to lie down with Dean at night and stay there, even if he doesn't sleep. To make sure he has good dreams instead of nightmares.

    Sam told him that he's in love with Dean, that's why he feels this way.

       "I will be right back." Castiel says and walks out out the room. He walks into the kitchen and gets a slice of pie and puts it on a plate. He grabs a fork and walks back into Dean's room. Dean's sitting in the same spot.

        "I got you a slice of pie." Castiel says, pressing the plate on his hands. Dean forces a smile, but Cas can see right through it.

        "Thanks, Cas." Dean says, grabbing the plate and fork from Castiel. He sits next to Dean and intertwines their arms again.

     Castiel stays with Dean the rest of the day. At night, he watches over him.