Headache

Third Person's P.O.V.

      Dean feels the gravel beneath his feet as he walks towards the steps. Sam's loud steps besides him. He finds the rail and knows he has to go down the steps now.

      Sam opens the door and they enter their home.

      The Winchesters walk down to the library. Sam grabs his laptop and sits at a table.

      Dean leans back against the side of the table, hearing the keyboard clicking every now and then.

      Dean gets a feeling like his brain is pounding against his skull. He raises the palm of his hand to rest on his forehead, closing his eyes.

            "Are you okay?" Sam asks. Dean nods and lets his hand fall to his side.

            "Yeah, I'm fine, just a headache." Dean brushes it off as nothing serious. He takes Sam's silence and the clicking of the keys as an "Okay."

      Dean starts to feel like there's needles going through his scalp. He groans in pain as he holds his head in both hands.

      He hears the scraping of the chair when Sam gets up and that makes it worse.

      He feels, like someone's bashing his head in with a hammer. That makes him fall onto the floor. Sam tries to talk to him and ask what's happening, but he's not listening to a word he's saying.

      He's focused on the pain he has crashing through his skull and searing into his brain. He feels tears form in his eyes from the pain.

      He feels someone helping him up and setting him in a chair. He wants to bang his head against the table to make the pain stop. Just like he did with the Banshee.

      He starts to feel light-headed. With the pain fading, he's confused and...afraid. Was this part of the deal? Or was it something else?

      He begins to hear familiar voices. The pain isn't completely gone, but it's bareable.

            "Please tell us you're alright." A voice says, pleading.

            "Yeah...yeah..I'm fine, Cas." Dean says, shaking his head lightly.

            "Do you still feel pain?" Castiel asks.

            "Yeah..bareable though." Dean tells him.

           "Let's get you to your room, Dean." Castiel says and pulls him up. Dean stumbles and almost falls. Before he can reach the floor, another pair of hands grab him.

      Sam and Castiel practically drag him to his room. When they set Dean onto his bed, he clutches his head and clenches his teeth.

      Sam looks at Castiel with a worried expression.

            "Cas, what's wrong with him?"

            "I-I don't know." Castiel glances at Dean and looks back up to Sam. "I think the only thing we can do is wait for him to get better. If this was part of the crossroads deal, we can't do anything about it."

            "Dean.." Sam kneels down in front of the bed.

      Dean opens his eyes and moves his eyes around to show he's listening. His eyes are watery and beginning to turn red.

             "You're gonna be okay, don't worry."

~~~~~~

      Two hours since that headache, and Dean's now asleep. The pain wore him out after an hour and a half.

      Castiel is sitting next to Dean, petting his hair gently. In his sleep, Dean turns to Castiel and rests his head on his angel's lap.

     The angel smiles down at his peaceful hunter and watches over him. After thirty minutes or so, Dean starts to wake up.

            "Dean." He spoke in a quiet voice, to not scare him.

            "Cas.." Dean says in a raspy voice. He turns to lie down on his back and covers his forehead with a hand.

            "Are you still in pain?" Castiel tilts his head to the side.

            "Yeah, but now it's like an actual headache. Not feeling like something's getting bashed through my skull and into my freaking brain." Dean says, letting his hand fall onto the bed.

            "That's what it felt like?" Castiel asks, Dean gives a slight nod.

            "Yeah.." Dean says, "So what's going on with me?"

            "We don't know. Might just be the deal, and if so, there's nothing we can do about..." Castiel says sadly. Dean sighs and nods.

            "But don't worry, I'll take care of you." Castiel says, petting his hair again.

            "Thanks, Cas." Dean mumbles and sits up. He groans and lets his head rest on the headboard as he leans back on it.

            "I'll go inform Sam that you've awoken." Castiel says as he gets off the bed.

      Dean tenses up slightly at those words.

      Those two simple words, "You've awoken.", sent him straight to the nightmare he had last week.

      Castiel doesn't notice and just walks out of the bedroom. He closes the door quietly.

            "What the hell is wrong with me?" Dean mumbles to himself and sighs.

******

     Castiel finds Sam in his room. He's sitting on his bed, phone in hand and his thumbs tapping the screen.

            "Dean woke up." Castiel announces, Sam's head shoots up.

           "Is he okay?" He asks as he stands up.

           "He says he's better." Castiel says, Sam nods and walks out of his room, Castiel follows.

      Sam and Castiel enter the room to see that Dean isn't in his bed anymore.

     Castiel walks into his bathroom and sees Dean leaning against the wall. He says something incoherently. Sam pushes past Castiel and kneels down in front of Dean.

           "Dean, what's wrong?" Sam asks. Dean groans and shrugs.

           "I felt sick so.. I came in here in case something came up." Dean says.

           "Okay. Do you still feel sick?" Sam asks, Dean shakes his head. "Alright, let's get you back to bed."

      Castiel walks in and helps Dean up. Sam supports Dean as he walks him to his bed.

      Castiel notices blood floating inside the toilet mixed with the water. He vomited blood..

      He sighs and flushes the toilet.

      Castiel walks out and sees the two brothers talking, well, Sam talking. Dean does the listening, occasionally shaking his head or nodding. Barely speaking, which is understandable, considering the condition he's in.

      Sam's just trying to get his mind off of it as long as he can.

     Castiel sits on the bed next to Dean. Dean finds Castiel's hand and interlocks their fingers. Castiel smiles and joins into their conversation.