Surprise Back At The Bunker

[Thank you for 570+ reads and 47 votes!! I hope all of you are enjoying this story.]

Third Person's P.O.V.

   Sam and Castiel walk in to a diner that isn't that far from the bunker.

   Sam wanted to get out of the bunker for a while. Castiel didn't want to go along with him, but Sam dragged him out of Dean's room anyways.

   Sam said that he had to get out of that room. He's been in there for the last six days, ever since they last saw Dean.

   They sit across from each other at a booth. Sam orders his breakfast and begins to look for a case on his tablet.

   Sam talks, but only to the waitress that starts flirting with him. Castiel's looking out the window the whole time.

   He watches the humans and some animals walk by. He watches the blue sky brightening slowly as the sun makes it way up higher towards the clouds.

   After the waitress is gone, Sam continues to look at things on the tablet. He notices Castiel stiffen in his seat and eyes widen slightly when he looks up. Then he becomes confused, his head tilted to the side slightly.

   He looks at Castiel with his eyebrows furrowed and follows his gaze. He doesn't see anything irregular. He looks back at Castiel, he's getting out of his seat.

                    "I...I think I saw Dean." Castiel looks at the other hunter, Sam starts to get up but he stops him.

                    "No, don't get up. It most likely wasn't him. I'm just going to make sure." Castiel says. Sam leans back against the booth seat and nods.

   Castiel runs out of the diner.

   He jogs down the street, where he thinks he saw Dean. Which is coincidentally towards the bunker, but Dean would be avoiding that, wouldn't he? He said he is good in Hell and doesn't want to the with the angel and younger hunter.

   He walks down the street, careful to not bump into anyone. He searches for the brown hair, plaid shirt, bowed legs and sunglasses. He wants Dean back, he needs him.

   After a while of searching for the lost hunter, he sighs and walks back to the diner. Sam is eating for his breakfast. The waitress smiles and sends him a wink before she walks away.

   Sam pockets her phone number just as Castiel plops down across from him. He looks down at his folded hands in his lap.

                     "I guess it wasn't him.." Sam says, getting Castiel's attention.

                     "No, I didn't see him." Castiel says, clearly upset.

  After a little longer, they get into the car and head back to the bunker. They need golden knives, Sam found a case that sounds like it can be a Banshee. They don't carry gold knives around in the trunk.

   They're both quiet. It's awkward and weird without Dean there.

   There is no one singing loudly and off-key, making the other two smile. No loud music that would make the Impala vibrate. Actually, there isn't music at all. Sam just drives in silence.

   They didn't think they would miss it, but they miss the fights. Even how Dean would try to brush off his feelings whenever either of the other two men asked. How it result in Dean storming away and staying in his room for a while.

    Then he'd leave his room, Sam would call him a jerk at some point. To which Dean would respond "bitch", and they knew they were alright. They knew that what had happened was behind them.

   One time, Dean called Castiel "baby in a trenchcoat" and the angel replied with, "assbutt", which made Dean laugh. Castiel smiled at his hunter, happy to see him laughing.

   When they walk into the bunker, they hear a familiar deep voice say, "There you guys are, I was wondering when you two would be back."

   Sam and Castiel share a quick look of surpriseand confusion.

   They run down the steps and into the library when they see him.

[I'm scared to watch the finale for season 11 tonight!! I hope everyone's gonna be okay!! But it's Supernatural so someone is going to die or be close to death..]