Time Passing By

Third Person's P.O.V

       This week has been hard for everyone. Dean's inside his room all day, everyday. Sam and Castiel have looked and looked for an answer but, they've found nothing.

        Dean has already given up, he never thought he would get his sight back. That's how their luck was. Even if something good does happen, it always comes with a price.

        Just like when Dean was raised from Hell, they dealt with the apocalypse. When they stopped it, and Castiel raised Sam, they had to deal with him having no soul. When they did get his soul back, the wall in his brain broke, and he had to deal with hallucinations of Lucifer. The list goes on..

        Dean has told them to stop looking, and of course, Sam and Castiel haven't. Dean didn't really expect them to.

       He could just imagine Sam constantly on that laptop. Searching for some answer to a problem that couldn't be solved through a spell, or any type of cure.

       Sam checks up on Dean from time to time. He could just hear how tired Sam is. It hurt Dean. To know that Sam is now hunting alone, even with his older brother being alive. Although, he will help out sometimes, with figuring out what supernatural creature it was, but that's it. No going out into to musty motels or out with Fed threads and asking questions as agents.

       Castiel will bring his meals and drinks. He sits there with Dean, observing him.

      Castiel wonders what he's feeling towards Dean, it's different from how he feels about Sam. Of course he always knew they have a more profound bond, but he doesn't really know what he feels, and he's been feeling it for quite a while  He decides to ask Sam about it later, seeing that Dean won't talk almost at all.

      Dean would either deny the food or get through half of it before stopping. Castiel looked at the hurt hunter, with sadness. Castiel would try to talk to him, all he get was the occasional, "I should've reacted fast enough to shoot that asshat." And Castiel would assure him that it isn't his fault he lost his sight.

~~

     A month has passed by, Sam hasn't found anything.

     Dean has now left the comfort of his room though.

     Sam was happy to find Dean sitting in the library one day, he was talking to Castiel, about a case Castiel had found.

    Sam leaves a few days later for the case Castiel caught. When he comes back, he's greeted by his older brother and the angel. The boys talk about anything and everything that comes to mind.

    Another day, Sam leaves Dean to go on another hunt and Dean has an accident, where he falls down the stairs. Which now made Castiel worry about him being alone even more.

~~

     Once again, Castiel is left alone with Dean.

     Castiel follows Dean as he walks around the bunker.

               "Cas, you don't have to follow me around, I'll be fine."

               "You weren't last time you were alone."

               "That wasn't my fault, there was something in the way that made me fall."

                "Dean, nothing was in your way."

                "..Shut up."

--flashback--

      Sam walked into the library where Dean is.

            "Hey, Dean. Where's your boyfriend?" Sam asked.

           "How many times do I have to tell you that he's not my boyfriend?" Dean asked, tilting his head to the side, his eyes covered by the sunglasses.

            "Until he actually is." Sam said, walking towards the table Dean's sitting at.

            "That's not gonna happen." Dean shook his head as he leaned back in the chair.

            "Oh I'm positive that it will, and soon." Sam said with a small smile. He took a seat across from Dean. "So where's Cas?"

           "I don't know. Doing angel stuff, I guess." Dean said, shrugging.

           "So get this-" Sam started but Dean stopped him by raising a hand up.

          "Sammy..I don't want to hear that right now. You can go ahead and do whatever, just remember to bring me pie."

          "Are you alright? The last few weeks you wanted to hear about the  jobs.." Sam asked, worry in his voice. He still hadn't found anything to help his brother. 

          "Yeah, I'm fine." Dean says standing up, "C'mon, I'll walk you out."

******

   Castiel was talking another angel, Hannah. He was trying to get answers on how to fix Dean. The only way is to make a deal or wait the ten years. She thought it was a crossroads deal, since nothing can cure Dean.

  Why would someone want him to be blind? Castiel asked himself.

   He was about to ask something else when he heard Dean's voice.

              "Cas, I...need, you.." Castiel heard Dean pray, his voice weak. He excuses himself and flew home. 

   He saw Dean passed out on the floor near the stairs. Blood beginning to make a puddle around his head and blood on the railing.

   Dean must've tripped and hit his head on the railing, Castiel thought.

    Castiel held Dean's cheek and healed him from the wound that he had on his head. He then carried the hunter to his room and watched over him until he woke up.

--End of Flashback--

                "I'm just worried about you, Dean." Castiel says, Dean nods.

                 "I know, Cas." He says, and continues walking. Castiel walks a little faster to be next to him and intertwines their arms. Dean doesn't seem to mind, since he keeps walking with their arms intertwined.

                 "Do you want to go outside? Get some fresh air?" Castiel asks, Dean shakes his head.

                 "Not right now, Cas." Dean says, his head down.

                 "Something on your mind?" Castiel asks and stops walking, making Dean stop.

                  "No, nothing."

                  "Dean-"

                  "Cas, stop. I know you want me to get my feelings out and everything, but it's not gonna happen anytime soon." Dean slips his arm from Castiel's and walks away.

         Castiel sighs and wants to go after him, but doesn't. Something was on Dean's mind, he knows it. He just has to figure out what.