Crossroads Deal

Third Person's P.O.V.

      When Castiel walks into the room to check on Dean, he's tossing and turning. Castiel frowns and walks over to the bed.

      He shakes his shoulder gently to wake him up. He jumps up, breathing heavily.

                   "You're safe, Dean. It's okay." Castiel says, placing his hand on Dean's shoulder. Dean exhales and falls back onto the bed. He takes a minute to catch his breath.

                  "Well, that was one way to make me stay." Dean groans as he sits up.

                  "That was the only way, Dean." Castiel says, sitting on the bed.

                  "Yeah, you're probably right about that." Dean leans against the head board.

      They sit in awkward silence before Dean speaks again.   

                   "Y'know, I found out what the deal is. Crowley told me."

                   "Really? What is it? Who was it?" Castiel asks quickly.

                   "It was Walt. He was upset he didn't kill us back then when Sam started the apocalypse. He doesn't have much time himself anyways, so he made a deal. That deal is that I am to be as I was when I had The Mark of Cain." Dean says, "Because we all how fun that was."

                   "So that explains the bar and that blood you regurgitated." Castiel says, "But why the headache and loss of sight?"

                   "He just wants me to suffer as much as possible. First taking away my sight, so I won't be able to hunt. But when I couldn't, I got sick. When I did, I got blood lust." Dean explains, "So I'll get worse when I try to do my job and-"

                    "You'll get worse if you don't." Castiel finishes for him.

                    "Yup, lose-lose situation, for me anyways." Dean says, shrugging. "When I was with Crowley, I wasn't killing monsters, so I was okay."

                    "How long does Walt have?"

                    "Five years, I think." Dean says, "They gave him less time than regular people 'cause, well, he's a hunter. Not a very good one though."

                    "So you're-"

                    "Stuck like this forever? Yeah. Unless we do something stupid, like we always do." Dean interrupts Castiel.

                    "We'll find Crowley and-"

                    "Castiel, no." Dean says, shaking his head, "Don't. Just leave me like this, yeah I might be sick all the time, but it's fine if I die. For good this time."

                    "You are not going to die." Castiel says, Dean sighs.

                    "Yeah, I am, Castiel." Dean says, "Sooner or later, I will. There's no stopping it."

     Castiel reaches out and grabs his hand.

                    "I won't let you." Castiel says.

                    "Yes, you will." Dean says, slipping his hand away from the angel's.

                    "Dean-"